London Tattoo Convention 2013

My appointment with Ichibay on Sunday is canceled because he sadly couldn´t come to London in time. I am now trying to get a piece from Chris Garver, Brad Fink or Dan Sinnes, I think.. Are you guys ready for the convention?

Oh man, that's a shame, Ichibay is awesome guy, he did a Fudo mask on my lower leg in her studio in Gifu, and was an amazing experience. I think he's Hokusai's reincarnation. I hope next time you will have good luck with it. I hope you share your Rubendall tattoo.

Really stoked about this! Flying to London tomorrow with my younger brother. We've rented a place just 10 minutes from Tobacco Dock and we've got tickets for the whole week end. Ready for tattoo overload. Also got booked with Deno at last

@mmikaoj I got tattooed by Deno at last years. It was Denos last tattoo of the 2012 convention on the Sunday.

My appointment was for 6pm and when I went over to his booth at 5:50 he hadn't even started the appointment before me. I thought there is no way he is going to get that done and mine before 8pm. But boy is he fast. We eventually got started at 7:15 he drew the design on and did a palm sized skull & crossbones in less than 45 minutes.

He's a real nice guy. You're sure to get a great tattoo.

Hope everyone has a blast at London! I’m bummed I can’t make it down there, I was hoping to go on Sunday but can’t due to work and moving house.

Looks like an amazing event, Being a complete newbie to conventions, I hadn’t realized how big a deal London actually is.

There's some great photos being posted on instagram (I'm sure everyone's following them anyway!). I’ll definitely book up for the weekend next year!

Will

Stewart Robson has his hair in pigtails for the convention. He looks magnificent.

When I went to Frith Street over the summer, my fiancée and I arrived for our second day of appointments, and Stewart was sitting up front waiting for his appointment with his hair in pigtails. I would have chuckled and complimented him, were I not so focused on being quiet and respectful the whole time I was there!

Can't wait for a year when I can make it over to London for the convention... 2014 or 2015, if all goes according to plan!

Hi all, I'm wandering outside of my Introduction thread now ;)

As indicated, I've got an appointment with Claire Reid on Sunday. It's my first tattoo, I'm not sure what the unspoken rules of tattooing are, but if Claire doesn't mind and you feel like it, I'm up for meeting new people :) (And I might welcome the distraction too ;) so don't hesitate to say hi to me, I'd like that :D )

Kind regards,

Diana

This weekend I learnt that 3 sessions in 2 days is a bit too much for me, I was absolutely wiped out. Regret nothing though, I got (surprise) tattooed by one of my absolute favourite artists, Dan Sinnes. I was sitting next to Eilin too - didnt realise till afterwards though, I'm not smart.

2mmu5cn.jpg

Also got a piece from Chriss Dettmer, which is swollen beyond picture capabilities right now, and Jess Yen, which is wrapped in Saniderm and looks mental right now. Pictures later, I promise. Great to see Youthcrewalex too, hope you had a great weekend buddy!

No tattoos for me this year (not for the want of trying!) but i did manage to get to the convention on Sunday and have a good look around. Also had the pleasure of meeting @jade1955 who despite his choice in football team is a thoroughly nice bloke :P. Thanks for taking the time to have a chat with me, Roger, it was a real pleasure to meet you and a privilege to watch a master at work on your wife!

No tattoos for me this year (not for the want of trying!) but i did manage to get to the convention on Sunday and have a good look around. Also had the pleasure of meeting @jade1955 who despite his choice in football team is a thoroughly nice bloke :P. Thanks for taking the time to have a chat with me, Roger, it was a real pleasure to meet you and a privilege to watch a master at work on your wife!

Haha, nice one. My leg, wallet and team all took a bit of a battering this weekend. It was a real pleasure meeting you as well, Gareth. The tattoo from Jack took the best part of 5 hours. I watched for a big part of that. It was amazing seeing it come to life. @Jade1959 has got quite a fat arm at the moment, but I'm sure she will post a picture when it's nicely healed.

Haha, nice one. My leg, wallet and team all took a bit of a battering this weekend. It was a real pleasure meeting you as well, Gareth. The tattoo from Jack took the best part of 5 hours. I watched for a big part of that. It was amazing seeing it come to life. @Jade1959 has got quite a fat arm at the moment, but I'm sure she will post a picture when it's nicely healed.

Very much looking forward to seeing the finished article, it looked beautiful from what i could see - not that you would expect any less from a man of such talent!

I can safely say i'll be spending a good amount of time with my nose in the books looking for backpiece inspiration this evening, the urge is very strong after being around all those incredible tattoos yesterday.

This weekend I learnt that 3 sessions in 2 days is a bit too much for me, I was absolutely wiped out. Regret nothing though, I got (surprise) tattooed by one of my absolute favourite artists, Dan Sinnes. I was sitting next to Eilin too - didnt realise till afterwards though, I'm not smart.

2mmu5cn.jpg

Also got a piece from Chriss Dettmer, which is swollen beyond picture capabilities right now, and Jess Yen, which is wrapped in Saniderm and looks mental right now. Pictures later, I promise. Great to see Youthcrewalex too, hope you had a great weekend buddy!

I am jealous! I tried getting a shunga from him Saturday, but I was too late.

I've definitely got post convention blues! It was my first ever convention so it was a lot to take in all in one day. How did it compare to other years,for those of you that have been before?

I couldn't believe how busy it was.

I'm looking forward to next year already! I had an appointment with Paul Dobleman on the Saturday and I really can't say enough great things about him not just that he is obviously super talented but how great he was throughout my whole appointment. He hadn't stopped all day but he really didn't let it show he was friendly and chatty for the whole time even though he had barely had time to stop and eat.

Hats off to all of the fantastic tattooers and people behind the scenes that made it so great, I can't believe how hard everyone works. It really made it an amazing experience.

2mmu5cn.jpg

Also got a piece from Chriss Dettmer, which is swollen beyond picture capabilities right now, and Jess Yen, which is wrapped in Saniderm and looks mental right now. Pictures later, I promise. Great to see

Youthcrewalex too, hope you had a great weekend buddy!

fuck yeah man i can confirm this looks amazing in person!

great seeing you dude!

I've definitely got post convention blues! It was my first ever convention so it was a lot to take in all in one day. How did it compare to other years,for those of you that have been before?

I couldn't believe how busy it was.

I'm looking forward to next year already! I had an appointment with Paul Dobleman on the Saturday and I really can't say enough great things about him not just that he is obviously super talented but how great he was throughout my whole appointment. He hadn't stopped all day but he really didn't let it show he was friendly and chatty for the whole time even though he had barely had time to stop and eat.

Hats off to all of the fantastic tattooers and people behind the scenes that made it so great, I can't believe how hard everyone works. It really made it an amazing experience.

This was my 3rd London convention, last 2 times i went on Saturday but this year was Sunday and it seemed very very busy. I had a quick chat with Ross Nagle when he was in between tattoos and he said it was a lot busier this year than he'd seen it before!

What a convention! It was amazing just being there and seeing all these artists that I have known the work of for a long time, read interviews with and seen in clips. I spent about 5 hours at tobacco dock each of the days and took the night bus to Amsterdam with 4 new tattoos. Apart from my appointments with El Carlo, Deno and Jaclyn Rehe I also managed to wedge myself into getting a custom palmsized baboon head from Matty D'Arienzo who was officially only doing flash pieces. (Alex Binnie talked him into doing the tattoo anyway)

As for getting 4 tattoos in 2 days while also being on the road I suggest being as careful with the hygiene and aftercare as you possibly can, sleep well, drink a lot (no alcohol!), eat healthy and do get some prescription painkillers like paracetamol to ward of sneaky infections and reduce the swelling.

Now in Amsterdam: wanted to see the tattoomuseum but it is closed. Went to the pop up-shop/studio that they have instead to look at books and spontaneously booked myself in with Henk Schiffmacher himself to get a small tattoo. That's happening in a few hours :)