Your overall look as a tattooed person

keepcalm

• 2 weeks later...

I started off with only torso coverage and have been slowly branching outwards. I still have nothing from the waist down. I think my first piece would be on my foot and then possibly work my way up.

- - - Updated - - -

I started off with only torso coverage and have been slowly branching outwards. I still have nothing from the waist down. I think my first piece would be on my foot and then possibly work my way up.

I always think carefully about where to place tattoos, but I pretty much take it one tattoo at a time. Except I know my right arm is going to be an assortment of tattoos where my left arm I'd like to do a more cohesive thing (I'm trying to avoid the word "sleeve"... Lol). With my thigh piece I just had done it would probably have balanced out my other tattoos better if I put it on my left leg, but for some reason I just felt it was *destined* to go on my right, like it was difficult to imagine it on the left. Very strange...

I don't think worrying about placement or planning ahead is over thinking. Tattoos are permanent, so it matters a great deal where they go.

Interesting that you're trying to avoid the word sleeve, why is this? I'm getting a 'cohesive large arm piece' on my right arm and don't want to call it a sleeve because I do want some negative space there. Just not sure how to explain this properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Asymmetry is really important to me. Currently wondering wether to Asymmetry my right arm and left leg, or right forearm and left shoulder and deal with legs separately. Not to mention the rib piece I'd like one day.

• 1 month later...

i think placement matters a lot, i usually think for months about certain gaps and what will fill the spaces best, for a while i had two large tattoos on one leg and nothing on the other so i wasn't comfortable with it then i got one on the other to balance it out. but now i only have one knee done and i think knees like hands should be done as a pair. Since i was 16 id always wanted to have one arm black and grey and the other to be as colourful as possible and i finally finished my arms ten years later, i think it works really well as a contrast of colour and style.

im also saving my left leg as more of a collection of different artists but its been a coincidence so far and just so happens that thats where they've all been put.

Currently all my work is on my arms, but I don't have sleeves, just a collection. I'm looking at a piece on one of my calves, but have not decided yet which one. Leaning more towards my left and "seeing" it there, but also wondering how it would go on the right. I have plenty of time to decide though, lol. At least I know what I want. A skull with roses and a dagger. Gonna go for some interesting color contrasts with it. I think I'm pretty balanced, because I have two on each of my upper arms and fairly even coverage on my lower arms and hands.

• 2 weeks later...
It's undeniable men have faced discrimination, but in my experience, people are more comfortable being nasty to women. These are mostly the type of people too cowardly to confront someone who might fight back, and in a culture where girls are raised to be sweet and demure, we're not expected to say anything in these sorts of situations. ;)

Being a fat woman, people are rude to me about my body anyway. Might as well get all the great tattoos I want, fuck 'em!

So far all my tattoos are animal themed and I kinda like it, so I will keep going with it, but I am sure I'll get something different sometime

I don't want a full sleeve with no neg space, I like having some space in between tattoos, especially if they don't relate. I don't think I'll get a giant piece anywhere. I def don't want anything on my legs

I thought I wouldn't get my legs tattooed as recently as maybe a month ago - now I'm hoping I can get an appointment with Chad K. to do my other calf whenever he's back in New England. I hope this isn't creepy, but knowing that two artists are also friends somehow makes me happier to have their work side by side on me. I don't know what it is, exactly - maybe the idea that there's somehow a conversation involved.

I hope this isn't creepy, but knowing that two artists are also friends somehow makes me happier to have their work side by side on me. I don't know what it is, exactly - maybe the idea that there's somehow a conversation involved.

I think the same thing! For me it hasn't happened yet though (only in my future tattoo plans!).