August 2013 Tattoo of the Month Contest

Nearing the end of the summer and heading into August. I've seen some killer stuff come across in the Latest Tattoo Lowdown thread. What we got LST?

LST Monthly Contest

The tattoo picture that gets posted in this thread for August 2013 with the most 'likes' for the month wins! The contest starts on the first of the month and ends on the last day of the month.

Contest Guidelines

• Your tattoo picture must be posted in this thread (both tattooers and tattoo customers can win) in order to qualify.
  • Include with your photo/post...tattoo artist name & tattoo shop.
  • You MUST be the one who has the tattoo or did the tattoo.
  • You can 'like' as many tattoos as you want.
  • It can be a finished or in progress tattoo.

To increase your 'likes' or to show off another's great tattoo share the link to the post in this thread on facebook, twitter, etc. - to get votes from your friends..

Let's see em!

Something a bit different to the tattoos you usually see on here. I know you guys love the Traditional stuff, but I like too many different styles to stick to just one :)

76887_169567643068521_1108231_n.jpg

Tattoo by Remis Cizauskas who works out of Dublin Ireland, but is currently "On The Road" guest spotting and attending conventions worldwide.

Ah what, the hell, I'll give this a try this month. This was done by Thomas Hooper in five sessions between October 2012 and June 2013, mostly at Saved but with one session at the Rochester Convention:

2uoh17k.jpg

11c5dnc.jpg

24qo6fb.jpg

vnpjpl.jpg

11uckkh.jpg

281smyp.jpg

xfxdoj.jpg

OMG @Graeme !!

The bits and pieces I've seen so far don't do it justice!!!

Stunning!!

How can you stand to ever wear a shirt?!?!

OMG @Graeme !!

The bits and pieces I've seen so far don't do it justice!!!

Stunning!!

How can you stand to ever wear a shirt?!?!

According to my work's dress code I'm not supposed to have visible tattoos, long hair, or a beard, and I think going shirtless all the time would probably raise too many questions about the other stuff...so shirts are kind of practical at this point in my life.

@cltattooing The Raven Steals The Light was a big part of the inspiration there. One of the references I gave him was Bill Reid's drawing on the cover of his book retelling that and other Haida stories, but I wanted it in his style rather than in the formline one. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out...it far surpassed my expectations for the tattoo.

@SStu I gave him an idea and references, but the credit here is all his in taking my references and figuring out what I wanted from them and how to turn them in a beautiful, powerful, and coherent tattoo.