Plainskins say the darndest things...

TrixieFaux

The other week I found myself talking to this guy who was collecting cans and bottles on the street (to get the refund) about my tattoos. He just walked up and asked what I paid for them. I was so surprised so I told him some number close to what it might have been (I'm not really counting this..) and he was so shocked. He later told me that he wanted to get the names of his father, mother and sisters tattooed on his arm and asked me if 50 euro would be a good price for this. I told him Yes. We talked in length about why someone would get tattooed and spend all this money. He confessed he wanted to get gold chains around his neck, "like in America, rappers!" He also described a friend of his who "lived like a pig" but drove a BMW.

Just some hours later I was sitting on a bench with a friend when a bunch of drunk girls, a bit younger than me, walked by. One of the girls stopped like she had hit a glass wall and exclaimed "Are those tattoos! I love them!", while pointing at my legs. She proceeded to touch my tattoos and grab hold of my legs, lifting them and twisting them to see better. I have never had a stranger do this to me before so I was too surprised to tell her not to. After a while one of her, slightly less drunk, friends grabbed hold of her shoulders and guided her away from me. The whole encounter was strange.

Drunk girls tend to do that a lot. At first I didn't mind the new found female attention but sadly its only the superficial retards that do this (with the rare exception of drunk tattoo enthousiasts) and nothing good really comes from it. Also in november i might come say hi in stockholm ;)

Drunk girls tend to do that a lot. At first I didn't mind the new found female attention but sadly its only the superficial retards that do this (with the rare exception of drunk tattoo enthousiasts) and nothing good really comes from it. Also in november i might come say hi in stockholm ;)

Hit me up when you know about dates and I'll sight see with you!

• 4 weeks later...
I was asked yesterday who designs mine. It was an effort to not reply in a 'the hell kind of stupid question is that' tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a process as important as getting a piece of artwork permanently drilled into your skin, how could you NOT use a professional tattoo designer?? Online of course. Face to face interaction is so last generation

• 3 weeks later...

I always get asked how much my sleeve cost and I tell them and their response is along the lines of "OMG! I could have bought a car with that kind of money!" Or People with bad tattoos always give me the "You got ripped off. Look at my tattoo. Its awesome and I only paid $50 for mines"........

I take a look and the lines are all blown out, the ink is faded already and the tattoo is fresh under 1 year and since I'm not a rude person, I just tell them that they have a nice tat and I go on my way.

This afternoon my father learned about my tattoo.

"I just do not understand why you would deliberately try to ruin your little sister's wedding pictures like that. Look at how gross that thing looks, all flaking off like that!"

A few things:

1. My sister has two tattoos, both larger than mine, and both of which will be visible in her wedding dress. (Perhaps Dad doesn't realize this?)

2. I asked Sister if it mattered to her that mine would probably be visible depending on the bridesmaid dresses she chose, and she said that it didn't make a difference to her, because, again, both of hers will be showing.

3. Sister is getting married in May. Tattoo will be long healed by then, and won't look dry and flaky anymore.

I should have expected this reaction from my dad. He asked me if I wanted him to photoshop out my nose ring when we took family photos for my grandmother's birthday a few years back. But it doesn't make the comments any less irksome.

I should have expected this reaction from my dad. He asked me if I wanted him to photoshop out my nose ring when we took family photos for my grandmother's birthday a few years back.

"Only if it bothers Grandma."

At least that would be my response. I adored my grandmas immensely, and if that would make them more comfortable looking at their birthday pictures, I'd do it immediately.

So when May rolls around and if he asks the same thing, ask him if he's asked to photoshop out Sister's tattoos as well. Take her lead. ;)

Fun one from a client's moral support... "I mean, this doesn't even seem like work. Just seems like a hobby... you guys are having so much fun!"

Tattooing is so easy! I get similar comments every once in a while about bar tending. "It's like you guys get to party every night! Must be awesome. You must be wasted every night!"

That's exactly what I told him then. Grandma didn't have a problem with it, so he left it. He isn't taking the wedding photos and Sister is immensely proud of her tattoos, so she's planning to leave them in the photos. She figures that our body art is part of us - why hide or erase it, when everyone knows it's there?

Fun one from a client's moral support... "I mean, this doesn't even seem like work. Just seems like a hobby... you guys are having so much fun!"

At a recent convention, it DID look like at least 75% of the artists were having fun. I mean, you are artists, you have the talent and you have found a medium that you can make a living with. Beats driving a taxi, doesn't it? I was blessed with an OCD engineer brain. I can fix any particle accelerator, but I can't draw a round circle. Of course, the cyclotrons don't squirm and throw tantrums (often).