Plainskins say the darndest things...

TrixieFaux

A coworker once asked me: "aren't you afraid of what will happen in hell?" I asked for some clarification on this and he said " I was taught that what you have tattooed on you will be what you're tortured by in hell".

At the time I had only an anchor and a flaming lantern, which I guess you could come up with some pretty inventive torture ideas with. I know some Christians are quite against tattoos, but that's some superstitious craziness right there (and I'm a christian!).

Time for a bunch of pinups buddy!

A coworker once asked me: "aren't you afraid of what will happen in hell?" I asked for some clarification on this and he said " I was taught that what you have tattooed on you will be what you're tortured by in hell".

At the time I had only an anchor and a flaming lantern, which I guess you could come up with some pretty inventive torture ideas with. I know some Christians are quite against tattoos, but that's some superstitious craziness right there (and I'm a christian!).

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If only these people would spend as much time LEARNING about their religion as they do TALKING about their religion.

Several years ago I had a sweet little first-grade student of mine tell me, "tattoos are evil". That's what her very religious mom had told her. I didn't want to go against her mom by saying too much...but I did say something like, "Well, they are just pictures. Can pictures be evil?" She looked thoughtful and we left it at that.

I don't have a lot of tattoos yet, but about 14 piercings, 4 in my face that get comments (Septum, 2 Nostril, 1 Philtrum)

About tattoo plans and piercings my mom has said:

"When will you stop? You will get addicted to it and one day your whole face and body will be covered".

My dad tends to say things like:

"You are really ruining your looks like that."

He favors my younger sister, who does not have tattoos or piercings but mentioned to me she might want a small tattoo. When I told him he said:

"She would never do that! She knows better!."

That is about all I have heard, nothing spectacular.

Wow. Just.... wow. So i'll be tortured by a cat, a fox, disembodied wings, two birds and a baby devil in diapers. Interesting.

So alot of peeps are going to get tortured by Jesus!

Several years ago I had a sweet little first-grade student of mine tell me, "tattoos are evil". That's what her very religious mom had told her.

Ask her what her mother thinks of Matthew 7:1-2 - 1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.

I'll get tortured by butterflys ;) hard to imagine. We don't really has theye type of Christians here, I wonder where they get these ideas?

I don't know that it's actually a belief of any Christians outside of this guy's church/pastor/mom, really. I've certainly never heard anything like it before and I've been a christian for over twenty years.

As to where they got the idea - probably somebody had to come up with something to discourage kids other than a single old testament passage that immediately follows one saying don't cut your sideburns.

I don't know that it's actually a belief of any Christians outside of this guy's church/pastor/mom, really. I've certainly never heard anything like it before and I've been a christian for over twenty years.

As to where they got the idea - probably somebody had to come up with something to discourage kids other than a single old testament passage that immediately follows one saying don't cut your sideburns.

It must be something like that yeah! I never heard anyone say tattoos were a sin!

Sorry folks: Leviticus 19:28.

But I remember that the King James Version is exactly that, a version of the Bible translated by and for a British King.

I don't think that Jesus is going to get bent out of shape over it. At least I hope he'll give me a chance to explain...

I've noticed it's often what they don't say that speaks loudest. Over the last week I stayed in an upscale hotel and had breakfast each morning in their restaurant. Most of the other guests were on business trips or expensive wedding parties. I got lots of surreptitious looks from curious people. Most were fine. It didn't bother me. But one or two of them openly glared at me. It was strange, but I ended up feeling kind of sorry for them. They had nothing better to do than try and make someone else's day a little worse. (It didn't work!) The hotel staff on the other hand were great. I think they enjoyed having a polite, good tipping, friendly customer than the stuffed shirts who were generally unpleasant to everyone around them. In all my years I have never had anyone say anything openly nasty or unpleasant to me. I've had the usual "what do they mean" questions over the years, but for the most part people leave me alone about them - unless they are tattooed themselves. Then I often have a good conversation, swapping our experiences and finding out about artists I hadn't known about. I'm curious to see if anyone gives me grief from a religious perspective. I suspect my reaction would be to yawn and move on.

Jesus was the first tattoo recipient. Haven't you seen the famous pictures of those big old fashioned needles that they used to tattoo his hands and feet?

hahaha! I managed to choke on my coffee!

I've herd that in respect to piercing but not tattoos.. Being that ppl far older then Jesus had tattoos, it wouldn't be unbelievable that 'Jesus' had a tattoo or two... ;)