Plainskins say the darndest things...

TrixieFaux

A coworker of mine commented on how dark the black in my tattoos are and asked how I kept them that dark. This lead to her telling me about how she has one tattoo on her ankle and that she went swimming a few days after getting it done so it healed weird. Well, the three stars on her ankle were pretty faded (she's barely 21, if that) but there was also some nasty blow-out and real wild lines.

Apparently the tattooer who did it told her those were also because she went swimming. Classy guy.

A coworker of mine commented on how dark the black in my tattoos are and asked how I kept them that dark. This lead to her telling me about how she has one tattoo on her ankle and that she went swimming a few days after getting it done so it healed weird. Well, the three stars on her ankle were pretty faded (she's barely 21, if that) but there was also some nasty blow-out and real wild lines.

Apparently the tattooer who did it told her those were also because she went swimming. Classy guy.

Duh, the water pushed the lines out and made them shakey. Science.

I was sitting in my lawyer's office earlier in the week (deposition for my car accident case) and we were talking about people we both knew from my town (mostly drug dealers and shady lawyers...) and we got around to kids today, how hard it is for them to find jobs even with 4-year degrees.

Then he mentions how they are into drugs and getting inked. I was going to pull up my shirt cuff, but let it go. Other lawyers there have seen my ink, but this was my first meeting with the big kahuna. After a tough few hours, it was the highlight of my day.

Rob

I once had a little girl of maybe 5-6 years old comment on my tattoo in the grocery store, she loved the colors.

Then she followed it up with "My mommy has a snake on her boob!" She didn't exactly whisper it - but said it really loud and pointed at her mom!

I get the usual questions; Are they real, does it hurt, WHY, you're not getting anymore are you??! and in general a lot of people who want to talk to me about their ideas, as if I'm some walking tattoo expert who knows exactly what would suit this random stranger I've exchanged about four words with.

I was sitting in my lawyer's office earlier in the week (deposition for my car accident case) and we were talking about people we both knew from my town (mostly drug dealers and shady lawyers...) and we got around to kids today, how hard it is for them to find jobs even with 4-year degrees.

Then he mentions how they are into drugs and getting inked. I was going to pull up my shirt cuff, but let it go. Other lawyers there have seen my ink, but this was my first meeting with the big kahuna. After a tough few hours, it was the highlight of my day.

Rob

Haha, every time someone says something like that around me, I join in and say something like "Yeah what a bunch of degenerates." Since I am fairly soft spoken about my tattoos at my job, and they are all concealable, there are a lot of people that don't know I have anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I once had a little girl of maybe 5-6 years old comment on my tattoo in the grocery store, she loved the colors.

Then she followed it up with "My mommy has a snake on her boob!" She didn't exactly whisper it - but said it really loud and pointed at her mom!

I get the usual questions; Are they real, does it hurt, WHY, you're not getting anymore are you??! and in general a lot of people who want to talk to me about their ideas, as if I'm some walking tattoo expert who knows exactly what would suit this random stranger I've exchanged about four words with.

Someone was telling me they had a female acquaintance who had a snake tattooed up her leg. They were insistent that it was insinuating that it meant the acquaintance was a whore because she has "snakes aka penises" going up her leg. I wasn't even heard when I tried to say that snakes are incredibly popular imagery, and the front of the leg is a great spot. Then I mentioned the snake on my butt and then they clammed up, haha.

My parents live in a pretty generically conservative town so I get some funny things when I brave the great outdoors of town. Often a lot of women in their late teens to late twenties give a "Wow I never would have thought...those are so pretty." While it's unfortunate that anyone is surprised that a tattoo could be nice looking, it's also kind of a compliment.

My least/most favorite is "I don't normally like tattoos on women but yours....". I always try to be nice about it but this is usually followed up by a pretty weak pass. Yes there are women with tattoos that you may find attractive! I can't even come up with the list of different weird stereotypes that people assume tattooed women fit into. The last time I went to a local bar with a friend we kept getting asked where we were from.

• 2 weeks later...
guy wearing tattoo sleeves, saw my arm and was telling his buddies, that his didn't hurt to get..

pull on ones like this...

tattoosleeve.jpg

i mean, srsly, who wears these things???

omg. I have actually considered getting a shirt like that...

......for my FIVE YEAR OLD! The one I'm thinking of also said, "Kindergarten Rocks" on the front. But I didn't get it. Seemed a little too cheesy even for a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh here's one I get sometimes... My arms are all B&G and I have had several people say, "You're getting it colored in, right?"

omg. I have actually considered getting a shirt like that...

......for my FIVE YEAR OLD! The one I'm thinking of also said, "Kindergarten Rocks" on the front. But I didn't get it. Even seemed a little too cheesy for a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh here's one I get sometimes... My arms are all B&G and I have had several people say, "You're getting it colored in, right?"

Ha! You nailed it! I also get the, "Wow, it's going to look so good when it's finished". Or the awkward, "Oh! Ummmmm, errrrr, yeah, um I guess you can get it colored in if you want to later". response when I tell them it is finished.