The ED HARDY Thread

I don't think we have a thread dedicated to Ed Hardy, so let's use this one to share anything Ed related. If anyone deserves their own thread on here it's gotta be him, right?

I spent my evening rewatching some old Hardy interviews, and I even found a couple new ones (to me at least). Here's a few of them.

Joel Selvin chats with Ed Hardy about his life in tattoos at Book Soup in Hollywood

Interview in conjunction with "the unruly art of Don Ed Hardy" exhibit that was displayed last year

Part 1

Part 2

- - - Updated - - -

I have more, but there's a 3 videos per post limit, so I'll have to wait untill someone else posts something in here.

Does anyone else have one of these? - Smart Art Press - "Mad Dog Mutant" Bob Roberts vs. Don The Dog Ed Hardy

It doesn't show it as being signed in the picture on the site (but it does mention it in the description)' date=' i've attached mine (unfortunately a lot of glare in this picture).[/quote']

My artist has one hanging in his work area, ill try and remember to snap a picture when I go back :)

Not much to contribute other than I really enjoyed reading Wear Your Dreams; such a great book! Ed must've influenced more artists than any other tattoo artist in history. Even Horiyoshi III in the last Gypsy Gentleman said that he "wouldn't be the tattooer he is today without Ed Hardy." Incredible!

My first exposure to Ed Hardy was later than most, but I'm a little younger than the tattooers I look up to, and they are one or two generations behind Ed.

I remember buying the Tattoo City portfolio with Bruno, Snodgrass, and Clifton Carter. Those two ape/skull/morph tattoos that Ed showcased in the beginning blew my mind, which was further blown when I was told that those were done without a stencil or drawing. So raw and exciting, and simply brilliant.

Surely someone here can post a photo of Ed shirtless. I know I've seen one (I believe it was taken at Chicago Tattoo Company a few years back?). I'm reading his memoirs and I'm dying to see his torso piece from Horiyoshi II.

Same here. I've been dying to see his body suit. Especially after reading Wear Your Dreams, I must see these tattoos.

• 2 weeks later...
Hate the Brand, Love the Man: Why Ed Hardy Matters |

Here's Margot Mifflin's review of his memoir from the Los Angeles Review of Books. It's well worth the read.

Yeah, this reminded me of a time I had a conversation with a friend's friend. I think she asked me about my tattoos initially and it somehow segued to Hardy. At that point she spewed some trash about Ed Hardy thinking of the clothing. I responded by trying to inform her that he's actually a great artist, a legend in the tattoo world, and a great influence on people despite what feelings there are towards the clothing design. Also that it was Audigier who she should probably be disgusted with. In her elitist arrogance, her look at me turned to disgust and saw me as a huge douche for even trying to say anything positive about the name "Ed Hardy".

That pretty much ended the conversation and we happily went our separate ways. I might not necessarily be a fan of the stereotypes wearing the clothes but I'm far less interested in the people too elitist to have an open mind and who trash others they know nothing about.

• 2 weeks later...