The ED HARDY Thread

Awesome!! I loved when he showed off the tattoos on his arms. "These are rare" :)

It was interesting to hear Ed speak of the whole clothing line craze too.

I enjoyed that but the guy interviewing him was a moron, if you're going to interview one of the most influential Tattooer's of the modern age surely you'd do a bit of research beforehand?

• 1 month later...

I believe his book will be next on my list... Usually don't go for these types of books, but I'm interested in being educated beyond common knowledge about tattoos, and artists, particularly those that changed the game.. I'm far more interested in the history lesson then parts about the clothing but I get that it's a package deal.

Good shit..

Ed mentioned this briefly in the panther seminar video:

Is it true that he didn't get the ink in as well as other tattooers? The only aged example of his work I've seen is the boobie/gorilla/rose on Chad Koeplinger's leg and that still looks bold, bright and beautiful, but that is only about 10-15 years old. Did his early work (from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s) have a reputation for fading fast or was he just being a humble with his comment?

I believe his book will be next on my list... Usually don't go for these types of books, but I'm interested in being educated beyond common knowledge about tattoos, and artists, particularly those that changed the game.. I'm far more interested in the history lesson then parts about the clothing but I get that it's a package deal.

Good shit..

If you read the front flap of the book it sounds like the book is going to be as much about Ed Hardy the brand as it is about the tattooer, but the clothing stuff is covered in a chapter. The rest of it is about art, tattooing, and his life. It's a really good read.

If you read the front flap of the book it sounds like the book is going to be as much about Ed Hardy the brand as it is about the tattooer' date=' but the clothing stuff is covered in a chapter. The rest of it is about art, tattooing, and his life. It's a really good read.[/quote']

Sweet! Driving to get tattooed tomorrow and it just so happens the closest book store is nearby as well.. If we don't run long, maybe I can pick it up.

That's a good head up too! Thanks!

Ed mentioned this briefly in the panther seminar video:

Is it true that he didn't get the ink in as well as other tattooers? The only aged example of his work I've seen is the boobie/gorilla/rose on Chad Koeplinger's leg and that still looks bold, bright and beautiful, but that is only about 10-15 years old. Did his early work (from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s) have a reputation for fading fast or was he just being a humble with his comment?

1706715e83a111e2bcc122000a1fa49d_7.jpg

This picture posted Jill Bonny on her Instagram-profile 36 weeks ago. The man on the left is the same person you can spot in Ed Hardy's Tattoo Time - Music & Sea Tattoos. The back is from 1980 and still looks absolutely amazing.