Heart Tattoos

Guero

Well this is my first thread. Hope to make it count!

My sister gave birth to a baby who has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and basically, my nephew will need to have 3 open heart surgeries within the first two years of his life. They are not simple procedures either, and a lot of his chance of survival is tied in with his strength and "willpower" to fight and survive.

These things being said, I want to get a heart w/ a dagger tattoo in his honor.

However, I am having a hard time finding hearts that I like. How do you guys like your hearts to look, more on the realistic side, more on the traditional side? Know of any artists who have a real skill for hearts?

I will add a few pictures from the guy who will most likely be doing my tattoo, Juan Arreguin at Superfly Tattoo, he has been working on my sleeves.

Thanks!

303739_10150507707614676_1652440436_n.jpg

40894_485912249675_5465833_n.jpg

934991_10152058390924676_907376531_n.jpg

582680_10151373296734676_445197004_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry these pics are so huge!

But you get an idea for his style and whatnot.

So sorry to hear about your nephew. Wishing your whole family the strength to get through these surgeries. As for hearts, I can't really recommend a style as that has to do with your taste but the ones you posted look pretty cool. Maybe that artist can figure out something just for you.

So sorry to hear about your nephew. Wishing your whole family the strength to get through these surgeries. As for hearts, I can't really recommend a style as that has to do with your taste but the ones you posted look pretty cool. Maybe that artist can figure out something just for you.

Thanks!

I do have a style in mind, however I would appreciate knowing what kind everyone else likes also, just to see whats out there!

I'm not much of a heart person, but I like a valentines heart more than an organ-heart. I swear I saw one the other day that was black and looked like it had been done w/a paint brush, you could see the strokes..it was neat. Now I can't find it tho, so who knows what I saw. I like some of the abstract-ish hearts.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I link from the gallery? http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/gallery/heart-tattoos/6487-bird-heart.html this is one of the kinds I like

And the more traditional ones w/the flowers on the sides too.

I too prefer the tradition valentine heart shape designs over the anatomically correct ones with veins and valves etc.

I figure when the kid gets old enough you can show your dedication without creeping them out. The. again if do e correctly it can also be used as

an informational/educational piece for the child.

So sorry about your nephew. I have a teo year old myself and I can't imagine how stressful that must be. I hope everything goes well with his surgeries.

As far as the design goes - maybe the artist can add the dagger of your choice to the heart of your choice? http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/228/4/9/Realistic_heart_tattoo_by_2Face_Tattoo.jpg

Have you talked to your sister regarding a design? Maybe she has some personal suggestions so you can find something that really suits how everyone feels.