Introduction

Traditionalcharlie13

Hey,

Just stumbled on the site a couple of days ago and I have to say it's good to know there's a website dedicated to everything tattoo related. Awesome!

I just got my first tattoo a couple of weeks ago, a shoulder piece of a bowling ping style eagle and snake, and I love it. I'll attach a picture so you guys can see. I've already made an appointment to get another, I'm hooked! I dig traditional tattoos, I think their timeless. They looked good decades ago and will look good for decades to come.

I look forward to meeting some cool people and seeing some wicked tatts!

- Charlie

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the shoulder piece. I know that this is an initiation thread but I could really use the advice as I have an appointment in a weeks time with a guest tattoo artist. He's bringing some old school flash that I'll pick my next tattoo from and get it that day. I want to add to the bottom of the tattoo to make it half-sleeve length without taking away from the shoulder piece. I would go with a tattoo that goes with the same 'feel' as the eagle/snake, definitely traditional, and definitely colour. I was thinking maybe skull and crossbones, traditional devil face like the one on my profile, or a dragon wrapped around the bottom of the bicep above the forearm ditch.

Any advice is much appreciated, Thank You.

- Charlie

Nice tattoo and welcome. About the advice, the great thing about traditional tattoos is that you can really piece them together because they pretty much all go together. I probably wouldn't put the next tattoo directly below the eagle...I think tattoos like that look better when they aren't placed in a super orderly fashion if that makes sense at all...but talk with the artist about it and you'll work out placement.

Is Nick Wasko going to do your next one?

I figured that you live in the Toronto area if you got tattooed by Mike Bialek and I know that Nick Wasko is guesting soon in Toronto and is going to have some super cool old flash with him so I made an educated guess. And yeah, this means you're going to get something super cool, so please hang around and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading online that aquaphor healing ointment is a wicked aftercare product. Problem is, I can't find it at any drug stores in my area, only the 'origional and 'dry skin protection' which both have petroleum as a main ingredient. I read that anything petroleum based is no good.

Has anyone had any luck finding aquaphor healing ointment in Canada, or is it a US only line? Thanks!