Silly but do you think this will work / be do-able

Hi All, Hope everyone's doing well!

I just wanted to ask you opinion as ive never had a cover-up before.

i have this small tribal tattoo on my right arm, and wanted to get the V one over the top, i know in the image the hats probs the best way of covering my current one so i gathered i would just be able to have it lower down my arm. What do you think? will it work? any in-put would be great.

CURRENT TATTOO (OLD / WHEN I WAS A SILLY YOUNG LAD :P - photo4_zps842af34b.jpg Photo by mr2essions | Photobucket

One i would like possibly... (Without the V on the hat though) - http://artetattoo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/472001_362255913824702_173584406025188_1073731_640150462_o.jpg

Thank you in advanced all :)

Scott

Edited by mr2essions
Added more text

Yeah, well spotted :P I had it done when i was around 16 Y/O and they advised me to put Vaseline on it, well as you can imagine it took about a million weeks to heal, went all scabbed / shockingly horrible / puss-y etc...

is sooner see a slight raise though than the one i have at the mo i guess ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry, forgot to ask. What would be a solution to raised tattoo's? colour? ie put a few colours / shadings over it so it doesn't stand out so bad?

Can't really help you on that, guess you need to talk to an artist about it.

Maybe something can be done by drawing the eye away from that spot in some way... or you could perhaps have the old tattoo (or a part of it) incorporated into the new, like instead of the V you make another logo on the hat

I would think it would need to be covered by something a little busier, I think it would still show through if it was covered in solid black. I'm not an artist but most of the good cover ups I have seen hide it in something with a lot of details that draw the eye away.

It depends, I had a kanji sign on my arm which was still pretty dark, and this has been covered by solid black. It needed an awfull lot of black but it did fully cover the old tattoo...

But then again, mine wasn't raised, a raised tattoo will always stay noticable and thus needs more/other stuff to make it 'dissapear' ..

Not necessarily,

Although it usually is the cause it might just be your skin..

My wife has two tattoos, both healed perfectly, but both are a bit raised (although not as much as yours). Her backpiece is just linework at this time, color will be added at the end of this week (the other tattoo is just black), we're interested to see what that does with her skin.

i think for me it might be a healing thing as ive just had only 8 days ago a much larger tattoo on my other arm and its healed flat / perfectly and very quickly... i was advised by my artist that raised tattoos can be a number of things but mainly it is when the artists presses too hard / also burns you by moving the needle ether too slow or going over the same section multiple times within one sessions... im not sure how much truth is in this for everyone :)

Just wanted to put out a friendly reminder that unless you are a tattooer, the best answer to all questions about healing, coverups, etc...is always "Go talk to a good tattooer". We can give as much advice and personal experience as can fit on a page, and it doesn't really mean much. Take personal experience and opinions as such and see a tattooer to get an actual answer.