The X Life on VH1

Lochlan

For all those at home watching TV tonight if you like them reality shows especially the ones about wives of famous people check out this new show premiering tonight on VH1 called The X Life. I've heard about some of the debauchery that goes down as some friends are on it. I don't have cable so won't be watching but let us know what you think. Below is a snapshot about it:

VH1 is expanding its sports-life brand of programming with a new show focusing on men in extreme sports and the women who love them. The X Life is set to bow Monday, January 10 at 10/9c — details are in the press release below.

When you think of extreme sports you think of highly competitive, tatted-up, bad-boys with little regard for their own safety whose sole mission is to push the limits of physics beyond the edge of what is thought possible. But there’s a whole other layer that fuels their cutting-edge quest – the gorgeous, fearless, women who love them. Together these two elements merge to form the nucleus of VH1’s newest original series The X Life, set to premiere in early 2011.

The X-Life will follow some of the biggest names in action sports: Pierre Luc Gagnon (Vert Skater) and his girlfriend Denise Russo; Cory “Nasty” Nastazio (BMX Dirt Jumper) and his girlfriend Nicole Panattoni; and Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg (FMX) and his wife Susie Stenberg. All of these men have earned their place in the sports history books.

As for the ladies, they have their own careers from helping to manage and market their husband’s careers to being a top model to being a mom. But when these guys are on tour you can bet the women are nearby as these guys are always on the edge of being seriously injured or worse. These wives are fiercely protective, defensive and ready to throw down at a moment’s notice. And if your husband isn’t on the tour, good luck breaking into their clique. These women are a tight-knit sorority bound by one common thread–their adrenaline junkie husbands.

“The stars of action sports and the women who love them don’t just live life on the edge they go beyond it whether they’re on the track, the trail or just living their lives and we couldn’t be more thrilled to bring that wild ride to VH1,” stated Jeff Olde, EVP of Original Programming and Production, VH1. “The couples of The X Life will bring a real adrenaline rush to TV.

”VH1.com and VH1 Mobile will offer sneak peek clips, extra content and full episodes of the series when it premieres in early 2011.

VH1’s The X Life is executive produced by Cris Abrego for 51 Minds Entertainment, LLC. an Endemol Company and Joe Simpson for JT Entertainment. Ben Samek and Rabih Gholam for 51 Minds also executive produce for the series and the company. Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes and Sean Boyle are executive producers for VH1.

[Pierre Luc Gagnon and Cory “Nasty” Nastazio photos via Getty. Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg photo via Lat34.com]

The X Life on VH1

I tend to watch Intervention for my daily does of trainwrecks.

Intervention drives me crazy.....

Back to VH1's The X Life, I caught some clips online and it seemed pretty mellow just setting up the characters and their relationships so am curious to see if what I heard makes it past the editing room. There was the one fight at The Saloon Tammy?

I think the x life might appeal more to the fellas than the ladies - I like it waaaay more than the bitchy cat fight shows. For me it's a glimpse into what life might have been like if I followed my 'pro skater' fantasy - and I'm sure I'm not alone in that demographic. I like the footage of huge jumps and wipe outs. For me Rob Dyrdeks Fantasy Factory, and X Life are tops. Jackass too.

• 3 weeks later...

Denise and Jessica were in town, SF/Oakland, for some days and one of the things they wanted to do was get tattooed so I took them over to Blackheart where they got tattooed by Cody Miller.

I got to see one of Ben Grillo's finger tattoos he did on Denise and it is clean as hell of some little NYC lettering.