HUSH, Dr. Numb, Mr. Numb, Derma....

TigerBlue77

Who has used what, and what has worked?

They all hurt. Some hurt good! Some hurt bad.

I personally love the tattoo process. Good pain and bad pain.

Sometimes you don't need it, but when your traveling and need to squeeze in a long session why not enjoy it rather than suffer!

I have used it for every session I've ever had. They are normally 4:30 to 5 hours long. It doesn't make it painless but it helps me sit.

I know some you shouldn't get numbed for a tattoo, but I don't care. I think it helps me get a better result in the end.

What brand have you used?

I've never used anything to get me through a tattoo, other than an Advil once or twice. Even when my back is getting worked, I deal with it. I've always been comfortable with the notion that the pain is part of the experience and handling it is part of deserving the piece, and I've been good with that. Now, I haven't sat longer than 5 hours, so beyond that I can't say I have an opinion, but up to that point, I've dealt with it and done just fine without a numbing agent. Breathe and go with it.

Really it doesn't do much but take the hard edge off, still hurt like hell.

Had numbing spray used on my rib piece. I had sat for about an hour and my side was twitching, I couldn't stop it. He used the spray and it took the edge off for about 15 minutes and went right back to pain city, it even seemed a little worse, after using the spray on me twice I didn't want it anymore because it made the pain seem worse when it wore off.

Most people I know that have used Dr Numb and the like (basically its lidocaine) say that it works for an hour too two depending on how well it is applied...BUT when it wears off it is so much worse than if they had just got into the "zone" and gone with nothing from the beginning! I've heard it refered too as pussy cream.....not meant to offend anyone who may use....just hear it called that a lot! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

People have used all kinds of things over the years to try to make it through getting tattooed with less pain!

I have never used anything for pain. I did 72 hours in a week and my arse hurt more from sitting for 9 hours a day. Saying that my thigh did start to hurt around the 8 hour mark and the bottom of my back as it is quite fleshy, other than those two quite painful experiences I have been fine.

Getting my ribs and half full front chest piece in Sept by Carlos Torres and I am told that this is very painful :)

I don't use numbing spray/cream, I use a homemade (secret recipe) herbal tincture blend that I take internally that won't mess up my blood-flow or skin's reaction. That stuff is amazing - doesn't take the pain away, just makes it more objective.

I've had Dr. Numb used on me and it was such a relief! It made the second day in a row much more bearable. I disagree with the people who say it hurts worse after it wears off. It wore off gradually for me, so the increase in pain wasn't sudden, nor did it end up hurting as much as a regular 5+ hour session without anything. I did an 8.5 hour session on my leg with no pain killers or spray....NEVER AGAIN!!!!! Hahah

• 4 weeks later...
I've had Dr. Numb used on me and it was such a relief! It made the second day in a row much more bearable. I disagree with the people who say it hurts worse after it wears off. It wore off gradually for me, so the increase in pain wasn't sudden, nor did it end up hurting as much as a regular 5+ hour session without anything. I did an 8.5 hour session on my leg with no pain killers or spray....NEVER AGAIN!!!!! Hahah

I agree with this completely. I have used it on every session I've ever had. The shortest one was four hours, the longest five and a half. It works very well for me and wears off very gradually. I think the keys is how it is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free