New to the site

jody9981

hey everyone,

I am new to this site an so I am indroducing myself. I am a new tattoo enthusiest. I have loved them for years but only finally git my first one on my wrist last year. Got my second on my foot almost two weeks ago. I already have plans for my next one. I have really caught the bug. I like to see other peoples body art and read up on the suggestions and advice. The more I can learn the better. If anyone wants to know more about me by all meens just ask. See you all around the forum :-)

hey everyone' date='

I am new to this site an so I am indroducing myself. I am a new tattoo enthusiest. I have loved them for years but only finally git my first one on my wrist last year. Got my second on my foot almost two weeks ago. I already have plans for my next one. I have really caught the bug. I like to see other peoples body art and read up on the suggestions and advice. The more I can learn the better. If anyone wants to know more about me by all meens just ask. See you all around the forum :-)[/quote']

Welcome to the show! Any pics of your work? I'm sure others are interested in knowing the info like the shop and artist etc, again welcome!

Thanks I just got it done last week. Having a rough time healing though. It git a really thick scab that is just finally starting to sluff off. Hoping it doesn't take too much longer.

Are you following the artists/shops after care recommendations? Everyone heals differently and finding what works best for YOU can take several tries.

I'd suggest talking to your artist the next time you go and discus it, they may have alternate methods for you or tweaks.

Mine generally heal fully in 3 weeks or so.

Are you following the artists/shops after care recommendations? Everyone heals differently and finding what works best for YOU can take several tries.

I'd suggest talking to your artist the next time you go and discus it, they may have alternate methods for you or tweaks.

Mine generally heal fully in 3 weeks or so.

I did go back. My tattoo artist stated that my after was good but due to the location my body is having a harder time. He also sad that he may have over worked the area and that could cause some of the thicker scabbing. I am dry healing now on his instruction. It seems to be going ok. No infection and so far in the areas that have lifted there has been no loss of color. Keep your fingers cross it continues this way :-)

I did go back. My tattoo artist stated that my after was good but due to the location my body is having a harder time. He also sad that he may have over worked the area and that could cause some of the thicker scabbing. I am dry healing now on his instruction. It seems to be going ok. No infection and so far in the areas that have lifted there has been no loss of color. Keep your fingers cross it continues this way :-)

Smart move! Healing takes time, I think everyone HATES the ugly phase.. Not just because its ugly, but I know I worry like you about color/ink loss..

Good luck and I'm sure it'll be fine.

I have a question about healing my foot tattoo. I am on week 2 of healing. My tattoo scabbed up really bad. The good news it that the scab are starting to cone off on their own. What I am concerned about is that as the scabs are coming off the ink underneath looks a little blurred. The lines are not as defined looking now. It is definitely not finished healing yet and has a ways further to go. Is this something that should correct itself as the healing continues? Should I be concerned?