has anyone tried Saniderm yet ? totally amazing stuff

Dan

I got a large piece on Friday night and the artist used this Saniderm on me,I kept it on for 3 days,and the tattoo is practically healed ! never seen anything like it,no staining bedding,no sticky aquafor ,etc,etc,able to shower,no oozing or bleeding or cabbing,amazing shit IMO,I highly recommend it. Tattoo Aftercare - Saniderm

btw,I did a search here and nothing came up.

I also found using this product. Healing is a lot slower. You will not start peeling for a week or so. My other tattoos peeled after 2 to 3 days. The good thing like i said no scabs!

If you are allergic to latex I wouldn't use it!

- - - Updated - - -

I got a large piece on Friday night and the artist used this Saniderm on me,I kept it on for 3 days,and the tattoo is practically healed ! never seen anything like it,no staining bedding,no sticky aquafor ,etc,etc,able to shower,no oozing or bleeding or cabbing,amazing shit IMO,I highly recommend it. Tattoo Aftercare - Saniderm

I thought the same when I took it off but it will start peeling in like 4 days or so. Good thing is I didn't get any scabs. It's been like 13 days so far and I think about another week or so it's should be completely healed. I also developed a slight irritation to it. I'm glad my artist used it though. Don't get me wrong!

I also found using this product. Healing is a lot slower. You will not start peeling for a week or so. My other tattoos peeled after 2 to 3 days. The good thing like i said no scabs!

If you are allergic to latex I wouldn't use it!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the same when I took it off but it will start peeling in like 4 days or so. Good thing is I didn't get any scabs. It's been like 13 days so far and I think about another week or so it's should be completely healed. I also developed a slight irritation to it. I'm glad my artist used it though. Don't get me wrong!

so,I got it friday and I noticed today I am starting to peel.no itching either.

so,I got it friday and I noticed today I am starting to peel.no itching either.

I didn't start to itch until after it stopped peeling.. I think that this product is slower in terms of healing but it heals better in the long run!

- - - Updated - - -

Tegaderm by 3M was the brand that was used on me. I think it's the same thing..

• 8 months later...

Hi. I use it, on my tattoos as well as on some clients, but it's kind of expensive so I use it sparingly, but it is awesome stuff. I actually have some on my leg right now. The fresh tattoo usually weeps and bleeds for a little while, so on my own tattoos I put a regular bandage for a few hours to give it time to stop weeping, then remove the bandage and clean the tattoo, and apply the Saniderm. That's not easy to do with clients because obviously they won't stick around for a couple hours, so if I use it I send them home with a spare piece in a plastic bag to keep it sanitized, with instructions on how to apply it, or simply tell them to come back if it bleeds under the bandage. It makes a barrier so its almost like you don't have a tattoo at all; you can go about your daily routine with much less risk of infection, the tattoo does not have that raw feeling they normally have... I have only had one client report that she was allergic to it; she is allergic to a lot of things so this wasn't too surprising. I try to leave it on for 5 days. Its flexible and allows oxygen to get in, but not contaminants. I especially use it on tattoos that are higher risk for infection, on forearms and hands, people that work in bacteria-heavy jobs, and have had good results. - Dave Garcia, Ink & Iron Tattoo, PDX

• 2 months later...

I just joined as I just found this thread – thought I’d let you know my experience. I found out about Saniderm from the Needles and Sins blog. I ordered it for one main reason. I knew I was going to have a fairly large (for me) arm tattoo redone and since I’m traveling in a tiny RV with 2 majorly shedding dogs, I needed a way to keep it clean and protected. It seemed like Saniderm would solve the problem.

I got my tattoo last Friday (July 25) pm, came back to the campground, washed it (in my RV) and covered it with saran wrap until Sat am. I then put on the Saniderm and have just removed it this am (Thurs) for a total of 5 days. Thank goodness I found this forum before I took it off today – hot water and soap did the trick – thanks guys, I would have been in major pain trying to do it dry!

So, my conclusions YMMV – I still have a very few spots that need more healing (look like tiny blisters). I should have left it on at least one more day. However, I have very sensitive skin and as I’m 67, it is thinning. So, the edges around the tattoo were really starting to hurt today – that’s why I took it off. Will I use it again – oh, yeah, but I probably will not be able to stand it for more than the 5 days. Or maybe I can depending on where the next tattoo is located. This tattoo is on the inside of my arm up against my elbow fold, so all the skin is even more fragile.

I do want to say how very much I appreciated this thread – it really helped – hopefully the wrinkling that folks talk about will also go away for me, too.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if im reopening an old thread, my apologies. I actually had a client today tell me about it and brought some in. I had heard about it and talking to my buddies at Element Tattoo Supply in Garden Grove, I basically came to the conclusion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it since I heal everything pretty much dry except for the first 4 hours or so. When I get work and what I advise my clients to do is after my layer of aquaphor immediately following the tattoo, rinse with water and no soap when they're all settled down in their homes for the day/night after removing the wrapping (so like in the shower or something) and when they get out after PATTING dry, apply a thin layer of aquaphor, then leave it alone there on out unless there is irritation like itching or fear of getting anything in it to apply either a SMALL amount of aquaphor or unscented lotion. Now, my client had touch up work on the palm of her hand of a letter her father wrote her (mind you it was painful for her and difficult for me) and since she works retail and doesn't want to touch dirty money while a hand tattoo is healing, she thought the saniderm was the perfect experiment. The packing DOES say to not use unless you have allergies to latex or adhesives. Not sure what is even in it though. Post-procedure she had said that all of the lingering pain like soreness or sensitive to touch had completely dissipated within a few minutes of applying the Saniderm. So I'm taking it upon myself to try it out on some blackwork I've been doing on myself, along side of a equal size piece about 2 inches apart from eachother so see the difference. I will def keep tabs on it daily and see how I like it, personally.

Hope this might help at all with some questions. I'm personally cautious.

925591_1540701519504187_1873052972_n.jpg