Opinions on lasting red tones.

I'm wondering what everyone's opinion on a more lasting tone of red in a tattoo is. It's going to be a large quantity of the colour over a larger area. I'm adamant about sun protection/staying out of the sun during strongest parts of the day/covering skin with clothing etc.

I was leaning towards a slightly darker red colour. Anything that will stay a definite red and not go hot pink.

any input thrown my way is welcome :)

Thanks

I've gone with a red-orange that tends to last longer on me. You may be better with the darker red as well. Red and yellow are problem colors for me always, they tend to wash out faster than any other color.

I am in the sun a lot and use a sun block, but time takes its toll when you're outside all summer. Tattooed people I know that have fair skin and don't get much sun exposure, their ink seems to be sharp and has great color forever.

Rob

It depends more on the quality of pigments used than the visible tone of red. Which is also sort of hard to get information on because mixing pigments is a trade secret, but if you can talk to an artist of 15+ years who mixes/has mixed a lot of their own pigment and has a great portfolio, I'm sure they will be able to give you some reliable info on what sort of color will age best with your skin.

I don't know if this helps at all but my first tattoo that I got 22 yrs ago is red and black. I guess the tone was basic red...like a "red" crayola crayon, not super dark. Anyway, the color stayed and didn't turn pink. The tattoo has blurred & faded a little, but the red part is still red today. No idea what type of ink was used, just wanted to let you know red can last!