New Florida gal here!

Rafflesia

Hi!

I'm Jo, from Florida.

I just got my first tattoo today. It's a design I've wanted for a long, long time and I'm -mostly- in love with it. The tattoo artist took a few liberties with the design and added these big black swooshes in between the leaves, which I kind of... don't love. LOL. I'm going to give it a while, but there may be a cover up for those parts in my future, haha.

At least I am in love with the ginkgo leaves!

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all~

Welcome! The tattoo looks good.

Whenever I've been slightly unhappy with part of one of mine, a buddy has always said 'just get another and you'll forget all about it'..

It works too ;)

Aw, thank you! That makes me feel better. I've been a little bit panicky about this since I feel like the black lines are a little too much!

But I am hoping to add to it later so that might always help too. :) Thank you again!

Aw' date=' thank you! That makes me feel better. I've been a little bit panicky about this since I feel like the black lines are a little too much!

But I am hoping to add to it later so that might always help too. :) Thank you again![/quote']

I often have a period of time in the immediate aftermath of getting a new tattoo when I question whether it was really what I wanted... so far a little bit of time and' date=' as @deadsp0t suggested, another tattoo and my doubts have been cured every single time.[/quote']

This advice felt a little suspect to me at first but its def true.

I think i started realizing that tiny imperfections are part of a larger perfection.

Welcome! Tattoo looks good, the black doesn't really look out of place, never would have guessed it wasn't supposed to be there until you mentioned it. And I agree with the others, tattoos can have kind of a "oh crap" shock no matter how much you wanted it or like it.. I think its just natural.

Aw, thank you! That makes me feel better. I've been a little bit panicky about this since I feel like the black lines are a little too much!

But I am hoping to add to it later so that might always help too. :) Thank you again!

Well, you said you got the tattoo today? The black doesn't look like 'thick' black, so my guess is it will heal up much lighter, and probably become more of a diluted/greyish black and will probably look good all together.