Giving Back to LST and Paying It Forward

ironchef

It hasn't even been a year yet for me here on LST and low and behold I'm being nostalgic and waxing poetic already, hahaha. Needless to say it has been an amazing experience getting tattooed and sharing with kindred spirits here on LST and Instagram. All of this would not be possible if it not for some really awesome people here on LST. So without further delay, here's my way of giving back to LST and paying it forward.

Some of you may know that a couple of months back I won a contest on Instagram via the killer staff at Tattoo Culture Magazine and Tattoo Artist Magazine. Received three fantastic prints from three stellar artists. I was super stoked when I got them but then realized with the limited space I have in my place (small NYC apartment and my lady just moved in with me too!) that I would not be able to enjoy these as much as someone else. I want these to go to someone who truly appreciates tattoos and are amazingly cool people.

@hogg @slayer9019 @gougetheeyes @Iwar As mods, you have made everyone on LST feel so welcomed and it is a thankless job that all of you have for making LST such a cool spot to chill and share our experiences. I want to send each of you a print of my choice (yes I won three, but I have a fourth sitting around). A small token to say "thank you". Please PM me your shipping info (promise this isn't a scam, hahaha).

@slayer9019 and @gougetheeyes since you two are local to NYC, happy to meet up and pass you the print. Cheers to the LST crew!

In the vast ocean of shit online, I think it's safe to say that Last Sparrow is one of, if not the friendliest place on the internet. At least from what I've encountered. The level of civility here is second to none, and our strong community is build up by members who are truly passionate about keeping LST what it was meant to be from launch. A friendly place for enthusiasts to talk about, share, educate and promote good tattoos. Our community is in fact so strong that the site in most cases moderate itself before any of us has to step in. We're all pretty much on the same page here, and that's rare by internet standards. Sentimental shit aside, I think I'm just trying to say that having this place online to hang out with likeminded people is a reward within itself.

I will however say that @steve1461686340 is much more deserving of this than I am. He has kept this site running and improving since the beginning, but since he's kind of a "behind the curtains guy" he rarely gets any credit for it. The hours he's put into building this awesome place deserves to be recognized, so if it's cool with you @ironchef I'd like him to receive the print you're giving away instead of me. Donations to Last Sparrow is also a really nice way to give something back. That way Steve won't have to dig into his own pockets when the server needs replacing or the domain bill shows up in his mailbox.

Thanks for being a part of our community @ironchef! It's contributions from members like yourself that makes this site great!

In the vast ocean of shit online' date=' I think it's safe to say that Last Sparrow is one of, if not the friendliest place on the internet. At least from what I've encountered. The level of civility here is second to none, and our strong community is build up by members who are truly passionate about keeping LST what it was meant to be from launch. A friendly place for enthusiasts to talk about, share, educate and promote good tattoos. Our community is in fact so strong that the site in most cases moderate itself before any of us has to step in. We're all pretty much on the same page here, and that's rare by internet standards. Sentimental shit aside, I think I'm just trying to say that having this place online to hang out with likeminded people is a reward within itself.

I will however say that @steve1461686340 is much more deserving of this than I am. He has kept this site running and improving since the beginning, but since he's kind of a "behind the curtains guy" he rarely gets any credit for it. The hours he's put into building this awesome place deserves to be recognized, so if it's cool with you @ironchef I'd like him to receive the print you're giving away instead of me. Donations to Last Sparrow is also a really nice way to give something back. That way Steve won't have to dig into his own pockets when the server needs replacing or the domain bill shows up in his mailbox.

Thanks for being a part of our community @ironchef! It's contributions from members like yourself that makes this site great![/quote']

Quoted for truth..

I'm a member or been a member of lots of forums and been pert of two moderating teams.

In my exp its a volunteer job and more often then not its also a thankless job. You guys do a great job keeping things in line here and the members are like you said a large part of that.

Kudos to you!

:cool:

Wow, you guys are awesome.

When we started LST we had no idea it would evolve into such a great community so quickly.

I'm just grateful that the mission of the site has already succeeded, and I know @Scott Sylvia is too.

I honestly don't know what we'd do without the moderation team we have, and it's true that they are volunteers who mostly go un-thanked sans a free t-shirt or dinner here or there.

@Iwar, how about we arm wrestle for for the print at the LST anniversary dinner on the 19th in SF? We both have guitar player arms so it should be an even match.

Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone - here's to many more years!

@ironchef way too nice of you! Like @Iwar said, @steve1461686340 deserves so much credit for making this all happen in the first place. I'm happy to give up my slot so that there doesn't need to be a Norwegian/NorCal Indian Wrestling Death Match (though I hope this happens on the 19th). It's extraordinarily thoughtful of you to think of us @ironchef and I'm only happy I can also be a part of the same board that's been so great for myself.

I forgot you were in NY so we should get up to drink a beer or other beverage soon regardless! Cheers, dude!!

@BrianH Thanks brother for stepping up and filling in for my oversight! Exactly the reason why I like this site so much and the people on it! Let's stick to my original plan where I will send out a print to @hogg @Iwar @slayer9019 @gougetheeyes . @BrianH can send his print to @steve1461686340

Folks, PM us your info and for the locals if you want to meet up, let's set things up for a hand off. Again, cheers to the LST crew and keep up the good work.

@BrianH Thanks brother for stepping up and filling in for my oversight! Exactly the reason why I like this site so much and the people on it! Let's stick to my original plan where I will send out a print to @hogg @Iwar @slayer9019 @gougetheeyes . @BrianH can send his print to @steve1461686340

Folks, PM us your info and for the locals if you want to meet up, let's set things up for a hand off. Again, cheers to the LST crew and keep up the good work.

great plan!

Very very cool of you guys, that print will hold a very special meaning for me.

..and now I can sleep at night w/o having to worry about the indian leg wrestling thunderdome deathmatch.

• 2 weeks later...