What about when you are old and wrinkled?!

TrixieFaux

"Perfectly Aged" from Bodies of Subversion via Sang Bleu for when people ask how your tattoos will look when you are 50/70/90...

Not that it really matters or is anyone's business, if they fade and get old along with us, so be it, but these are holding up quite well!

http://sangbleu.com/2013/09/06/perfectly-aged/screen-shot-2013-07-08-at-8-14-15-pm/

I've always found really inconsiderate when people ask this question. Assuming the recipient of the question hasn't thought of it yet, and the above-mentioned response isn't known, then all it really accomplishes is ruining someone's day. People are so thoughtless.

Alternatively, a friend of mine was carrying his daughter in Best Buy when someone pointed to his arms and said "What are you going to do when SHE'S old enough and SHE wants tattoos??"

To which he responded, "Well, obviously I hate them." and walked away.

I've always found really inconsiderate when people ask this question. Assuming the recipient of the question hasn't thought of it yet, and the above-mentioned response isn't known, then all it really accomplishes is ruining someone's day. People are so thoughtless.

Alternatively, a friend of mine was carrying his daughter in Best Buy when someone pointed to his arms and said "What are you going to do when SHE'S old enough and SHE wants tattoos??"

I get asked that all the time about my daughter. I think what boggles me is why do they assume that once you have a kid you turn into some prudish boring fuck twat? Like "oh now I have a daughter, I'm done with all of this heavy metal and tattoo business, time for Kenny G and A&F wardrobes!"

Yeah the "old" question's always fun too. Like why would I care, I'll be 70 and all ugly n shit anyway. I'll just look cooler than other boring ass 70 y/o's that's all.

"Perfectly Aged" from Bodies of Subversion via Sang Bleu for when people ask how your tattoos will look when you are 50/70/90...

Not that it really matters or is anyone's business, if they fade and get old along with us, so be it, but these are holding up quite well!

http://sangbleu.com/2013/09/06/perfectly-aged/screen-shot-2013-07-08-at-8-14-15-pm/

That's Elizabeth Weinzirl and unless I'm mistaken most of her tattoos were done by Bert Grimm.

@ShawnPorter posted a video interview with her on Occult Vibrations, which is super cool for many reasons including that you can see how good those tattoos look:

I've always found really inconsiderate when people ask this question. Assuming the recipient of the question hasn't thought of it yet' date=' and the above-mentioned response isn't known, then all it really accomplishes is ruining someone's day. People are so thoughtless.

To which he responded, "Well, obviously I hate them." and walked away.[/quote']

I get asked that all the time about my daughter. I think what boggles me is why do they assume that once you have a kid you turn into some prudish boring fuck twat? Like "oh now I have a daughter' date=' I'm done with all of this heavy metal and tattoo business, time for Kenny G and A&F wardrobes!"

Yeah the "old" question's always fun too. Like why would I care, I'll be 70 and all ugly n shit anyway. I'll just look cooler than other boring ass 70 y/o's that's all.[/quote']

I didn't get tattooed until after my daughter was born.. Ha

As far as the getting old shit, like said I don't care too much, I do hope they look decent though, I've got a feeling they may be the only stories/memories I have some day.

Haha. A good response. I get the same question. Yes, our daughter might want tattoos when she grows up. If she does, we will try to steer her in a good direction...she already understands about quality work at age 5. Or, she may go the other way and decide to be all preppy or what have you. This is totally up to her. What do I care? I just want her to be a relatively happy and well adjusted person who is compassionate and has a sense of humor about things. Is that too much to ask?! Tattoos have nothing to do with all that!

Yea, she'd be hot except for the tattoos!!! :-)

Haha. A good response. I get the same question. Yes, our daughter might want tattoos when she grows up. If she does, we will try to steer her in a good direction...she already understands about quality work at age 5. Or, she may go the other way and decide to be all preppy or what have you. This is totally up to her. What do I care? I just want her to be a relatively happy and well adjusted person who is compassionate and has a sense of humor about things. Is that too much to ask?! Tattoos have nothing to do with all that!

@Graeme's parents are staying with us right now and kind of freaked when they saw his fresh tattoo yesterday. His mom asked "what will your children think???" and Graeme said that he was actually doing his parents a service, since us having all these tattoos means our kids will for sure think they're lame and they won't want any. I am not sure this won her over.

I will be grateful to have survived that long, and continue repairing/getting tattoos so long as I am able.

If they look ragged and are unfixable when I'm 90, I guess all those 20 year olds dying to have sex with me are just going to have to be sad and disappointed.

Yup, the only thing standing between me and nightly sex with a variety of super models is these damn tattoos ... and my wife. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Assuming we all even get to BE old - this makes the question extremely inconsiderate to me, also.

Not that it's any of their business - the next gen of nursing homes will have far more to worry about than a few people with ink. How are the nursing home staff going to control old Britanny who insists on twerking her way to her third hip replacement and popping pills in the activity centre?