DC Proposes a 24 Hour waiting Period

blujax01

Stupid.

The solution is simple though, hit DC where it hurts, the wallet.

Artists should move out of the district and into Virginia and Maryland.

Ridiculous and unconstitutional gun laws in some states have had this effect as well, gun makers a hitting back by moving shop. Ruger is moving to NC.

It's sad that moving shop is how businesses have to hit back but sadly dollars and cents is all some ppl understand.

What's even more sad is this is likely the goal in this situation.

Saw this all over IG yesterday. I don't think it will happen.

Also, if the best argument from the person proposing the bill's argument is this

Roberts said it is meant to save body art consumers from permanent consequences they might come to regret — particularly if they seek tattoos or piercings while drunk or otherwise impaired.

“They can’t be responsible for themselves, as well as the person doing the work on them,” she said. “We’re making sure when that decision is made that you’re in the right frame of mind, and you don’t wake up in the morning . . . saying, ‘Oh my God, what happened?’ ”

Most reputable tattoo shops turn away customers who are visibly intoxicated, Roe said. Codifying that practice, he said, would make more sense than preventing sober and consenting adults from getting tattoos or piercings on demand.

then it won't be too hard for it to just be rewritten as a regulation pertaining to tattooing visibly intoxicated people, not to everybody that wants a tattoo whether sober or not. And I would be fine with that regulation if that's all it came down to.

Saw this all over IG yesterday. I don't think it will happen.

Also' date=' if the best argument from the person proposing the bill's argument is this

then it won't be too hard for it to just be rewritten as a regulation pertaining to tattooing visibly intoxicated people, not to everybody that wants a tattoo whether sober or not. And I would be fine with that regulation if that's all it came down to.[/quote']

Agreed, never been a fan of tattooing ppl that are 'pass out' or 'sloppy' drunk.. A guy I worked had a tattoo he 'woke up with' a failure all the way around..

Doubt it'll happen. Seems to me that every time a city or town proposes new laws like this they're actually fishing for feedback in their weird way. I can't remember specifics (this is why I write stuff down) but I feel like similar things have happened in NY (or maybe Oklahoma when they made it legal a few years back?) and they wait for a response and then tend to adjust the proposal. Am I making this up?

Another attempt to protect stupid people from themselves. If someone wants to get shit-faced and they can find someone unethical enough to work on them' date=' why should I care. As Ron White would say, "You can't fix stupid."[/quote']

Personally, I think the unethical ones make the ones with ethics look bad, artist and client alike.

Now, the standard reply is 'who cares' etc but truth is ppl being judged based on others actions only feeds into stereotyping and that's just no good.

This type of stereotyping is bad for artists and their shops, makes them all look incompetent and lumps them all in the same category, we know its not the case but uninformed ppl looking to get tattooed do not.

Besides that, just another example of 'the man' telling and showing us they know what's best for us.. And that ain't cool in my book.

I am glad there are people willing to protect me from myself.....LMFAO!

How about this.....I don't drink so therefore my rights are being violated by telling me I have to wait 24 hours to be tattooed!!! I am OUTRAGED!!! (he he he)

And since the rights of ONE person in this country now seem to usurp (that's a big word for me since I am a "tattooed" person....I hope I used it right) the rights of the majority......this just cannot happen! ;)

But....this is also the the same area that kept re-electing Marion Barry as their mayor so it very well could happen......but of course I don't think it will!