Pre 1985 tattooers you've been tattooed by

teddibease

I guess you could say I'm interested in old time tattoos done by old time tattooers. What old tattooer have you been tattooed by? Any that you would like to get tattooed by in the future?

I've been tattooed by Bob Roberts, Bowery Stan, Tony Polito, Eric Inksmith and Sailor Eddie Jr. I'd love to add something by many different tattooers of the "old guard" but particularly Zeke Owen.

Cool thread! I've been tattooed by Mike Malone (RIP), Bill Salmon, Bob Roberts, and Horiyoshi 3. I think Freddy Corbin started tattooing just after 1985.

Man, @Bunny Switchblade is gonna crush this thread!

Ha ha ha.......well this is truly what I have focused my "collecting" on!

Can I ask why pick the year 1985?

I am just curious......

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a few off the top of my head.....

There are probably several more but I am not sure they have made it to the 28-30 year mark just yet so i didn't include them......

Debra Yarian

Debbie Lenz

Gale Watkins (my mentor)

Tony Polito

Mike Perfetto

Steve Delgatto

Jerry "Reds" Donohoe

Ronnie Dell'Aquila

Richard Stell

John Black

Tom Beasley

Ritchie Montgomery

Dana Brunson

Jennie Peace

LeDan Peace

Stan Moskowitz

Marvin Moskowitz

Ernie Carafa

Jerry Swallow

Juli Moon

George Benjamin

Mike Skiver

Ha ha ha.......well this is truly what I have focused my "collecting" on!

Can I ask why pick the year 1985?

I am just curious......

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a few off the top of my head.....

There are probably several more but I am not sure they have made it to the 28-30 year mark just yet so i didn't include them......

Debra Yarian

Debbie Lenz

Gale Watkins (my mentor)

Tony Polito

Mike Perfetto

Steve Delgatto

Jerry "Reds" Donohoe

Ronnie Dell'Aquila

Richard Stell

John Black

Tom Beasley

Ritchie Montgomery

Dana Brunson

Jennie Peace

LeDan Peace

Stan Moskowitz

Marvin Moskowitz

Ernie Carafa

Jerry Swallow

Juli Moon

George Benjamin

Mike Skiver

Honestly, I only picked 1985 because the vintage tattoos instagram run by Terry Wrigley's son used 1985 as a cutoff for what was considered "vintage".

Honestly, I only picked 1985 because the vintage tattoos instagram run by Terry Wrigley's son used 1985 as a cutoff for what was considered "vintage".

That's cool.....I just wondered if for some people they saw 1985 as some pivotal time in tattooing or something and my first professional tattoo was done in 1984 by Juli Moon.....

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really know why or what got into my head one evening BUT.....I just decided that I wanted to seek out some of the people who had been tattooing 30-40 years and begin to add their work to my body! At the time I was not even thinking I would ever pick up a machine and tattoo but to me it truly was my way of being able to honor those people who had put their time in to the craft and community I loved since I did not tattoo!

It really hit home to me that this is what I felt I should do once I was tattooed by Dennis Watkins....the hubby of my now mentor Gale Watkins! Dennis apparently was dying at the time unknown to anyone but himself and had really stopped tattooing totally. I asked a friend to see if he could convince him to do something small on me....and he agreed to do something!

That one tattoo turned into three.....Myself...my hubby....and my son have his last three tattoos!

After his death I asked a few well known tattoo artists who I was fortunate to be friends with who were others who had this kind of time in and got back a wonderful list I have been chipping away at for some time now!

I try not to really draw a lot of attention to myself because I am really no one special.....I have just taken the time to have been tattooed by a lot of really wonderful people who love/loved what they do.....

I really would urge others to do this as well if you are just going for smaller pieces here and there on your body rather than larger mural style pieces!

You rule Bunny. You have such an awesome outlook and attitude.

Well......I am just me.....not trying to be anything other than that!

But thank you!

Fortunately.....if I ever got to far off track I have plenty of people ready to call me out on it.....LMFAO!

And with doing the apprenticeship/s I have understood so much more than I did as just a "collector"......

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is gonna top Bunny in this thread

As far as myself;

deVita

Tux

Higgs

Sonny Tufts

I really kick myself all the time for not adding Tux and Higgs when I had the chances too! I have to admit I am jealous...... :)

That is a solid list in anyone's book....it's about quality and respect.....not about quantity!

No competition here.....we all have some really awesome work here and this is a great family to be a part of....we are all equals in our love for this craft/business!

got one from richard stell and two from bob moreau.

knowledge, character and great stories...

When I saw that you had posted in this thread, I was hoping to see Bob Moreau's name. Not many people outside of Austin know about him, but he is the man who taught Chris Treviño to tattoo. And for that, we all owe him a huge debt.

When I saw that you had posted in this thread, I was hoping to see Bob Moreau's name. Not many people outside of Austin know about him, but he is the man who taught Chris Treviño to tattoo. And for that, we all owe him a huge debt.

yeah, stell said he thought bob is the person most influential to tattooing in texas. because of who he taught to tattoo.

bob has this joke he makes when people are getting work by someone other than him, basically he goes "oh i really like how you put the dick in there..."

then i learned he taught dave lum to tattoo and i thought whoa, at one point maybe that wasn't a joke and something he didn't say out loud. of course bob is a really nice dude and doesn't agree with hiding shit in tattoos...