"Worst Tattoo Customer Ever"

it's perfectly normal for someone who's drunk

Alcohol has anesthetic and sedative properties. She's just a jerk.

Makes me feel less bad for the time I told my tattoo artist, "Please don't lead on my bladder."

I thought the artist in the video was very professional. This woman seems like she's high on speed or something.

Alcohol has anesthetic and sedative properties. She's just a jerk.

Actually it impairs judgement and usually causes people to not control their behaviour. It may give anesthetic and sedative effects to some people but not everybody. You just haven't been around any real drunks maybe. Haha!

And if she is intoxicated on anything, I would bet she was acting like this long before the tattoo started.

Actually it impairs judgement and usually causes people to not control their behaviour. It may give anesthetic and sedative effects to some people but not everybody. You just haven't been around any real drunks maybe. Haha!

And if she is intoxicated on anything, I would bet she was acting like this long before the tattoo started.

Yes, you're correct; alcohol impairs judgment. But it does not have amphetamine-like properties. I've been around a LOT of drunks and dopers at my job. I'm a pro. ;)

Absolutely not... it's one thing to finish a line when someone says stop, but to hold them there and keep working as long as he does is unprofessional.

I didn't see him restraining her. She's not a big girl, but he was speaking to her calmly, holding her with one hand, saying, "I can't finish your tattoo unless you're still. Be still," and guiding her with his hand. Trust me, if he'd really restrained her and forced her to get a tattoo, she'd own that shop.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me, but she doesn't look like your typical client here (maybe I'm stereotyping, I'm sorry). They both looked as if this was going to be a cute girlfriend thing to do and didn't realize the level of discomfort you really feel. If she was intoxicated, the artist should have turned her away and asked her to come back when she was sober. I have a tattoo in the same area she was getting one in and its not finished because it hurt so much- but I also didn't sit there and wail like a pansy (instead I let countless tears and an endless stream of snot dampen my body pillow). That artist had a lot of patience with that woman and probably figured that the humor in her potentially bad decision (whatever design she got, we don't know) was worth more than dealing with her attitude.

I was in the shop that I use a few weeks ago. There was this guy' date=' not as old as me, but he was having a tough time with his tattoo (his first at age 40+...). I find out later that he bailed out at the 1-hour mark. The artist was not pleased. Rob[/quote']

Not everyone is ready for being tattooed, mentally or physically. I started getting my first tattoo at 19 and was not prepared physically or mentally and asked to stop, paid the full price and left, didn't act out or anything I just wasn't ready. So long as a client is respectful and pays the fee I don't see an issue with backing out.

Now if the client acts belligerent and won't pay that's different.

Now I have some bs on my back, nothing major but still want to get a large back piece and be done. I didn't handle the pain well at all and got lots of flack, deservingly so.

Now my wife who was there with me is amazed that I grin while being tattooed and enjoy the feeling/pain to an extent..

It's just not for everyone and sometimes it takes getting stuck to realize it, but does not excuse ppl acting retarded.

Throwing in the towel at the end of a long session on an area like the back, ribs, front is one thing... 'Backing out' while you're early into a piece is another proposition.

'Backing out' is marginally better than not showing up at all, but only in the sense that at least the tattooist has a chance of being partially paid for the wasted time and effort.

Let's not normalise or excuse behaviour which leaves people with half finished work and screws up bookings and a studio's working day.

If you aren't sure you can finish what you start, then holy Christ... don't get in the chair....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just to be clear: if someone really has a low tolerance for pain then the answer is lots of short sessions - 1, 2 hours, half days... Whatever, but with planning and the intention of finishing the piece incrementally if necessary.

I'm talking above about people walking out early on into a piece and not coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes booking the time out and walking away 30min or an hour in is poor show. When I was getting my first tattoo someone walked after 45 mins and he was a big burly tattooed guy. I was thinking oh no this is going to be horrible (I was still being sharpied at the time), it wasn't that bad lol

I think it's ok (it's not great) to tap out. However, you should compensate the artist and shop. If you book a three hour session and leave after 45 minutes, you need to cough up the $$$ for the remaining 2 hours and 15 minutes. The next step is to do what @RoryQ suggests and book short appointments. That way you are not wasting the artist's time or your own money. No shame in not being able to sit for hours on end - just recognize your own limitations and book sessions that reflect the amount of time you can actually sit for each tattoo.