Hello All!

MikeL

Wanted to thank Ian for the invite to the LST community. My name is Mike and from Yonkers, NY. Really into traditional Japanese tattooing and tattoo history/culture. I originally started getting tattooed in Okinawa Japan when I was stationed there in the late 90's. Waited 14 years before I got tattooed again. Last year I commission Rodrigo Melo of Northstar tattoo to start my suit. Amazing artist who has a good appreciation for use of sumi. We completed both 3/4 sleeves and chest panels earlier this year and started this past weekend on my back.

Looking forward to being part of the community

Mike

Damn, that is so good. Good to have you
@MikeL are you from Yonkers or just residing there?

Rodrigo is a ruler.

Thanks guys!

Born in Yonkers, live in Yonkers, and work in Yonkers.

For those interested, haven't seen it posted in the forum yet but there is a upcoming tattoo convention in White Plains, New York (sept 27, 28, 29) First time event in Westchester and not sure how it is honestly going to be or organized. Was going to start a thread about it once I have privileges to do so.

Mike

I have my doubts in regards to that convention.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is going to be filled with photo realistic color portrait tattooers, "new skool" tattooers and I'm sure, tons of scratchers. That's just my take.

Same thoughts here but was going to go to support the event (not on the scratcher part of course...got to call it as you see it) Figure that they put the event together, this being their first one, they need to learn what they did wrong or right and what they can approved upon.

Mike