Liner note lists. Musicians tattoo artist recommendation's.

mtlsam

As someone who is really into the bands who's disks I buy, I have always taken the time to look through the liner notes. Sometimes I find hidden gems.

This is a thread where I hope to hear about the cool list of people who your favorite bands recommend you get tattooed by.

I have found 3 really good lists in my collection. The Gallows first two albums, as well as Afi's Sing the Sorrow.

The majority of my tattoos come from artists who I first heard of from these lists! I'm pretty thankful for that, I feel like I got a cheat sheet. Smith Street, Black Heart, Spider Murphy's... The list goes on.

Anybody else have an experience of this sort?

Jef Whitehead I found out about from Steve Austin(titd) before I knew about reall tattooing I wanted a tattoo from him cause Steve recomeneded him so highly. I STILL REALLY WANT ONE but have been lazy/he is far away. Im saving a spot or two.

Is the troy denning the same troy denning thanked in neurosis albums? Was wondering this recently....i kinda want a small/mid size tattoo from him cause well hes great and seems like a guy id want to talk to.

I'm a big fan of AFI, and all the guys in the band speak highly of Lindsey Carmichael, Scott Sylvia, Freddy Corbin, Eric Hogan, Jeff Rassier, and probably a ton of others. Most of their albums have a section in the liner notes called "Get tattooed by" and then a huge list of artists.

I have a couple of their albums too. I really enjoyed the "get tattooed by", that they put in there.