Hello from Ohio

Brandtson

Live in the great state of Ohio. Only have two tattoos but looking to get a Japanese style tattoo done...upper arm down to mid bicep and maybe onto chest. Anyone have any good Midwest recommendations? I'm willing to travel but would prefer someone in the Ohio, Chicago or Indianapolis area....thanks guys!

Hello and welcome! Check out Mike Dorsey in Cincinnati, he does top notch Japanese. Also look into Kore Flatmo, also in Cincinnati, he tends more towards really excellent black and grey, often heavily Japanese-influenced.

Thanks! I've actually just got an email back from Flatmos' assistant so we will see where that goes. I really like his stuff...unfortunately my wife thinks its too dark...so I guess we will see who wins this battle!

So looks like Flatmo may be able to get me in but it will be a few months....now to decide what to get. In speaking with his assistant(who is unbelievably helpful) my original idea of possibly a dragon or octopus may difficult bc of the size of the area to work with. If I was able to do a half sleeve it may work but I really can't have much of it peeking out from under a scrub top(I'm a doc at a children's hospital and we have a no visible tattoo rule). Thought about maybe lower leg but it would basically cover from ankle to knee...not sure I'm ready to be that covered and don't really want to commit myself to jeans in summer if I don't want it showing. Anybody ever do just thigh? I could go crazy there but then again no one would EVER see it except the wife. Sorry I'm just rambling...maybe I'm not ready to get one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Brandston, just wondering if you ever ended up getting your work done by Kore Flatmo? I'm looking to get some big pieces done by him but I'm having difficulty getting in contact with the shop. Tried calling and sent a couple of emails but haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering what sort of waiting list they have, you say they would be able to get you in there in a few months?

Tay99

That's strange...I received an email response from his assistant almost immediately and we have continued to dialogue. I have a consultation in November but I think he is booked out through January or February so not too bad.

based on everything i've heard and seen from kore it is well worth the wait.

based on everything i've heard and seen from kore it is well worth the wait.

Definitely. Plus I don't consider 2-3 months that bad of a wait for someone of his caliber. I'm really surprised that he is not more well known around this part of Ohio. I mean you've got flatmo, Mason Williams, and mike Dorsey all working out of the same studio which is crazy. I expected to wait a year!

Tay99

That's strange...I received an email response from his assistant almost immediately and we have continued to dialogue. I have a consultation in November but I think he is booked out through January or February so not too bad.

No worries, I got a reply from Kim and have a consultation coming up myself too. All going well hopefully I can get in there early next year at some point.