Grand Theft Auto 5. Who's playing?

slayer9019

I haven't owned or regularly played any gaming system since 2007. But seeing all the GTA:V hype is bring back found memories of playing GTA: III and GTA: Miami Vice for hours a day in high school and college.

Yea I kinda did the same deal. I just so happened to be off of work on release day and wandered into a GameStop. Amazing game!

I was heading to work for 7am on release day and there were already ten people, all dressed up in office clothes, waiting outside of a games store for it to open. I snickered to myself at them, then finally had to admit they had a point and I picked up a copy after work. Really great game so far. I'm not really one for online gaming but I'll give some LST gaming a chance.

I picked up my copy the day it came out, but I didn't line up. I walked into the shop after work and bought it. No lines. No hassle. Are you folks on PS3?

Yea it was weird for a launch of such a big game. I just kinda walked in, no lines or anything and saw the big poster and said "what the hell". Little did I know the game just launched, etc.

Yea I'm PS3 at least.

I think I hit 40%ish in a couple days, then realized I had to go outside for a bit. I'll pick up the controller again this weekend. Get into a couple of the missions and it gets addicting!

This is my first time playing a video game as an "adult" with a full-time career so I'm having difficulty finding time. I think I need to call out sick from work for a week or two so I can dedicate 100% of my time to exploring the streets of los santos.

This is my first time playing a video game as an "adult" with a full-time career so I'm having difficulty finding time. I think I need to call out sick from work for a week or two so I can dedicate 100% of my time to exploring the streets of los santos.

Yea being an adult sucks sometimes. Sometimes I get jealous of my kid neighbor as he explains to me how he just sits around playing video games and smoking pot all the time. He didn't understand that I can't just "play until like 4am every night". HAHA

I'm still having trouble finding all the missions to get through the story line. I end up driving around smashing things instead of getting through the content. Still fun, though.

I had a weird glitch where if I got close to the starting point for a mission for Michael it would disappear and then reappear once I went far enough away from it. I couldn't switch between characters either. I think what happened was that I quit my previous game too soon after completing a mission, because eventually Michael automatically made some phone calls that I assume he should have made not long after that previous mission, and once he'd done that everything was fine again.

@slayer9019 good tip on the online play. I couldn't get it to work anyway because of, I assume, volume on their servers but now I know to wait.

I bet the DLC expansions for this will be great too.

Agreed, @Pleadco . I have never been a huge fan of the franchise, but this one has really grabbed me. The missions are better, the mechanics are better, (although as @Graeme pointed out, the driving still needs some fine-tuning) and the overall gameplay is better. Its a good way to kick back and recover after a few hours of getting poked with sharp things.

Want.... To...... Play.

I'm not usually a fan of the GTA story lines, but this one just looks to good to pass up.