Inner Thigh Tattoos

GrayCatLove

I posted this on another forum, got some amazing feedback, but the more, the merrier. I trust my artist and myself, but why not get more feedback?

I have been celibate for a long time, and am just approaching a point of breaking that. (It's not a religious thing. It's a work thing. I don't have time to find a mate, much less arrange copulation in these stages of my career.) I have some stretch marks on my inner thighs from puberty I've never been comfortable with, and I want them fixed. I talked to my tattoo artist, and he agreed some simple inner thigh pieces on each side would work. I have a couple questions, however.

I am trying to decide between sweet william and forget-me-nots. I really don't want the sweet williams to look to menstrual-bloody. I fear forget-me-nots may be a little pale. Is taking a little artistic liberty to go a few shades darker wrong? Are there different, more suitable flowers? I'm very pale and any color will take. I just don't want a flower that resembles a vagina, or doesn't do a good cover-up for one reason or another. If you look at my gallery pics, the cover-up of my ovarian cancer scar is amazing. This guy is talented. I just want to be dead sure these are covered up and I'm not thinking about my scars when my mind should be elsewhere.

Cherry blossoms are a similar shape to forget me nots. If you don't want those on their own you could always do something like a hannya and cherry blossoms and make it a larger piece. I'm not an artist so I'm not sure how these things work, but because you're not covering another tattoo, is it necessary to go darker?

Cherry blossoms are a similar shape to forget me nots. If you don't want those on their own you could always do something like a hannya and cherry blossoms and make it a larger piece. I'm not an artist so I'm not sure how these things work, but because you're not covering another tattoo, is it necessary to go darker?

Love them, but looking for something darker, like a dark blue, for a cover-up. Good suggestion, though. These are pale but indented marks. Darkness is needed to give the impression of smoothness/flatness. (I have scar-covering experience after the biggie. ;) ) There are lots of these, and I want the illusion of smooth, luscious thighs. I'm a runner and I work really hard to have a good body, but I can't overcome these scars. I want to have a love life where I lie back and I don't worry if he's being grossed out or worried. (He's got a beautiful body as a professional body builder.) He says he loves me as I am, but I want to measure up.

Love them, but looking for something darker, like a dark blue, for a cover-up. Good suggestion, though. These are pale but indented marks. Darkness is needed to give the impression of smoothness/flatness. (I have scar-covering experience after the biggie. ;) ) There are lots of these, and I want the illusion of smooth, luscious thighs. I'm a runner and I work really hard to have a good body, but I can't overcome these scars. I want to have a love life where I lie back and I don't worry if he's being grossed out or worried. (He's got a beautiful body as a professional body builder.) He says he loves me as I am, but I want to measure up.

We often advise people here to not overthink the whole process of getting a tattoo. I am going to offer you the same advice, but about fucking. There is no "perfect body" and the sooner you can understand that there is beauty in imperfection, the better. Tattoos or not.

We often advise people here to not overthink the whole process of getting a tattoo. I am going to offer you the same advice, but about fucking. There is no "perfect body" and the sooner you can understand that there is beauty in imperfection, the better. Tattoos or not.

As a runner, plastic surgery freak, and tattoo fanatic, this is wonderful advice. I am humbled. Thank you.

Hey GrayCatLove - was thinking about how perhaps you can work on softening up the scar tissue with something like castor oil (ie rub the castor oil into the skin/over the scars for a few mins, then apply enough to have a sheen, cover with a towel, then put a heating pad on) for a few weeks before you get tattooed. Castor oil can help break down some of the toughness. (FYI I'm not a medical professional, just a lady who has had a fairly large/dark burn from home-canning and the castor oil helped immensely.) Might allow you to start loving the imperfect beauty that you already are!

If you were talking about anemones earlier - aren't they fabulous?! They even grow with white petals and green centers - not ideal for tattooing, but cool nonetheless.

Hey GrayCatLove - was thinking about how perhaps you can work on softening up the scar tissue with something like castor oil (ie rub the castor oil into the skin/over the scars for a few mins, then apply enough to have a sheen, cover with a towel, then put a heating pad on) for a few weeks before you get tattooed. Castor oil can help break down some of the toughness. (FYI I'm not a medical professional, just a lady who has had a fairly large/dark burn from home-canning and the castor oil helped immensely.) Might allow you to start loving the imperfect beauty that you already are!

If you were talking about anemones earlier - aren't they fabulous?! They even grow with white petals and green centers - not ideal for tattooing, but cool nonetheless.

I actually am a medical professional and been working on these suckers for years, but the advice is still appreciated and solid. Cocoa butter based lotions seemed to yield the best results for me, but for different skin, castor can be fart superior, but almost two decades later, I fear this is as good as it gets. ;)

Those anemones are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what he does.

• 7 months later...