Worried about tattoo

Dope Antelope

I just got my first sitting of my sleeve yesterday.. and i had a bath last night just to clean it up a little bit afterwards i put some cream on. today i woke up with it hurting like hell, hella tight so i lathered it up in cream. decided to wash it again now and im worried about the amount of ink that is coming off.. like it looks like its coming off. this is my first tattoo, any help??

See your artist. Did they give you after-care instructions? All of the after-care instructions I've seen say no bath for at least two weeks. What cream did you use? Most after-care instructions indicate washing the tattoo a couple of times a day followed by a very thin layer of something like A&D ointment. The less you do to it the better off you are; for the most part let your body heal itself.

Great Lakes tells people to remove initial bandage after 3 hours. Wash with water and liquid antibacterial soap. Then apply a thin non scented lotion once a day. Nothing else. No A&D or anything mentioned so that's all I have been doing. I didn't start flaking until day 5.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Feel the burn.

Didn't burn just was a shock they didn't want to use either A&D or tattoo goo or something. Every other tatto place recommended that, but they stated lotion and that's it. I tend to follow the instructions of whoever tattoos me and abide to their regimen. Hope these work out.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

when i say bath, i was sat in the bath washing it. my arm wasnt like soaking in or anything. i just submerged it to get it wet sorta thing. it looks better today though, think it was just the cream plus the ink plus the plasma shit so it just looked like everything was coming off lol. i feel better now. thanks guys :D

my artist didnt give me any aftercare advice.. :confused:

so i text him yesterday and explained what happened, he just text back saying yeah thats normal, its just excess ink.

my artist didnt give me any aftercare advice.. :confused:

so i text him yesterday and explained what happened, he just text back saying yeah thats normal, its just excess ink.

Get a new artist. Just an opinion from an anonymous source on the Internet, but that doesn't sound very professional to me.

@Hogrider @deadsp0t What the fuck?!?!?!? Are you two serious? Get a new tattooer solely because he/she didn't give you aftercare advice? That's some pussy type shit right there. Good grief. Granted' date=' the shop I work work at, we do give an aftercare sheet and A+D ointment, but it isn't always the norm. - - - Updated - - - @Dope Antelope Wait a second. Is that you in your avatar? I just re-read your original post and it said that this beginning of a sleeve was your first tattoo, yet in your avatar it looks like you already have a sleeve.[/quote']

From what I've seen nearly every artist has their own AC instructions and advice and offers it, particularly to new clients. I've been tattooed several times by my artist and we talk about after care each time, either during or after. He cares that my tattoos heal properly as much as I do.

:idea:

@Hogrider @deadsp0t

What the fuck?!?!?!?

Are you two serious?

Get a new tattooer solely because he/she didn't give you aftercare advice? That's some pussy type shit right there. Good grief.

Granted, the shop I work work at, we do give an aftercare sheet and A+D ointment, but it isn't always the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

@Dope Antelope

Your strenuous objection to the audacity of my having a differing opinion is so noted!

Well since I was not there (and can't see it now) I can not really comment on your particular situation but I can give you a small excerpt of my own experience. In certain situations I have washed my tattoo (shower) afterwards and had tons of ink/crap come off. Example was my Raijin. There was so much red ink, blood, etc that it tinted the water in my bathtub for a minuet or so while I was washing. Every time I washed a tattoo a bunch of ink "comes out". The level usually depends on how much I got tattooed, and how well they cleaned it off before wrapping. The tattoos I have never healed wrong, and only experience very very minor ink loss (you could not tell unless I showed you where).

I say you are fine. If you want you can ask your artist next time what he thinks you should do for aftercare or you can check out the aftercare section on the site Tattoo After Care | General Tattoo Forum | Last Sparrow Tattoo, possibly this is the best thread http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-after-care/32-best-post-tattoo-care.html.

@Hogrider @deadsp0t

What the fuck?!?!?!?

Are you two serious?

Get a new tattooer solely because he/she didn't give you aftercare advice? That's some pussy type shit right there. Good grief.

Granted, the shop I work work at, we do give an aftercare sheet and A+D ointment, but it isn't always the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

@Dope Antelope

Wait a second. Is that you in your avatar? I just re-read your original post and it said that this beginning of a sleeve was your first tattoo, yet in your avatar it looks like you already have a sleeve.

Agreed. You know what else is bullshit? Hospital discharge instructions and lemon laws. I mean, buyer beware. Purveyors of goods and services have no social responsibility to ensure the client's well-being once the transaction is over. Good business practice is for pussies.

Would you rather of had gotten a total SHIT tattoo, but the tattooer, held your hand, promised you everything would be okay and given you the aftercare sheet and ointment?

It's not one or the other. That's a bogus argument. I'd rather get a GREAT tattoo AND aftercare instructions. I'm not asking anyone to hold my hand, kiss my ass or bend over on the way out. I've been to the same artist more than a dozen times. EVERY time, while he's cleaning and wrapping the tattoo, he gives me after care instructions. It's a habit.

I'm not sure why you are getting so riled up about this. I'm not calling you an ass-hole for your opinion and it wouldn't hurt you to disagree without the name calling. We are offering OPINIONS, not commandments from God carved on stone tablets. You don't care if you get after care instructions? No problem.

Get a new artist. Just an opinion from an anonymous source on the Internet, but that doesn't sound very professional to me.

Most shops send you home with instructions, something small you can refer to. I always went with antibiotic cream for the 1st 3 days, unscented lotion after that. I got the burn once from using a scented lotion, but it was only for a day or so.

Rob

@davidborjes No one here is trying to ruin anyone's livelihood. I didn't see any artists named, and it's not like there is a witch hunt to shut anyone down.

Not terribly long ago I got a killer tattoo and no aftercare instructions, but I wasn't worried because Google and common sense are my friend. Whether it was an oversight or whatever doesn't matter much. I will still gladly travel across the country for more work from him. That being said, caring for a new tattoo may be second nature to some (to you especially I'm sure), to tattoo virgins it can be a source of anxiety. It's certainly not a boycottable offense to forget to give out the info, but it certainly will help ease the virgin's mind.

I understand why you are angry Dave, although no one was attacking you personally. Being the cool guy you normally are, I'm sure the name calling and personal attacks are just a biproduct of you caring for your profession and getting a sensitive nerve hit.

Let's all have a drink together and let the air out :)

Have a good day dude!