Hello fron a newbie in PA :)

Rilly10

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I am located in PA. I have been wanting a tattoo for years (I am now 27) and finally don't care what my family thinks anymore LOL! So I have been looking at lots of artists portfolios and different tattoos online. I LOVE the American Traditional style and would like to go with that, but I am not sure at all if what I want will work well in that style.

I would like my first tattoo to be a commemorative tattoo for my grandmother who passed a few years ago and would like to incorporate at least 2 of the following....an antique crystal perfume bottle she gave me with lilies of the valley in it like a vase/next to it...OR if the perfume bottle won't translate well into a tattoo. I also wouldn't mind a piece that includes Lilies of the Valley, along with pansies and/or a butterfly. I am not a huge butterfly fan, but she was and they do look pretty neat in the American Traditional style.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. I am just trying to get a better idea of what may work before I make a consultation appointment. I just don't want to go in looking like a total idiot haha! I do have some reference pics, I can bring, but I am scared if I am this vague, I may end up getting a sketch I don't like (by no fault of the artist). Anyway, super excited to learn more and chat! If anyone has any suggestions for this tattoo virgin I sure would appreciate it! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the leads! I am looking them all up as we speak! I go to NYC a lot also so have been looking there as well. Does what I have in mind seem like something that wouldn't be too awkward in American Traditional style? Most tattoos that resemble what I am thinking of as far as the lay out goes, seem to be all realistic or have a vintage like the old postcards which is just too girly for me lol.

Thanks for the leads! I am looking them all up as we speak! I go to NYC a lot also so have been looking there as well. Does what I have in mind seem like something that wouldn't be too awkward in American Traditional style? Most tattoos that resemble what I am thinking of as far as the lay out goes, seem to be all realistic or have a vintage like the old postcards which is just too girly for me lol.

If you bring NYC into the fold as an option, you will have a ton of artists to choose from.

The perfume bottle with Lillie's tattooed on it,or around it would probably look cool.

Tyler@ Instagram opened his own shop up that way,and does clean work.

Brian & Eddie@ Instagram do nice traditional work

Dan@ Grace Tattoo Shop and Gallery | Phoenixville, PA

Instagram

Eight of Swords Tattoo Parlour, Retail Boutique, and Art Gallery in Brooklyn, New York