Hi from Uruguay!

Fermin

Hello everybody!

I just got my first tattoo this morning, and I´m already thinking of getting three others....

Google brought me here in search for some answers. I hope I see the light here :P

By the way, I got tattoed by Alejandro, from Callico Tatuajes here in Montevideo. It´s a sygil I drew (and Alejandro redrew giving it a greater dimension). I´ll post a photo later.

Thanks, guys.

Is it normal to feel skin a bit tight the day after? Should I moisturize it more?

Following the artist´s advice I kept the tattooed area saran wrapped for only a couple of hours yesterday, and just covered with a cotton t-shirt since then. I washed it several times with cold water and unscented soap. Now I´m about to go to the pharmacy to buy bepanthen, which the artist also recommended.

Yup - it's likely to feel tight for a couple of days. There are differing schools of thought about aftercare. Some of us are advocates of dry healing. Basically, after the first couple of washes (usually with hot water), we generally leave the tattoo alone to heal itself. I've had very good results. As @chrisnoluck pointed out, you can also moisturize. Many people report that they heal nicely that way as well. I think you may find that trial and error will help you find which method works best for you. There are a couple of threads on these forums that deal specifically with how to heal your tattoo. Give them a read and see what you think. You'll get a lot of good advice there, even if different perspectives are offered. More than anything, keep it clean. Avoid animal dander, fur, etc. Also, don't go swimming in the ocean or a lake until its healed up.

Thanks, guys.

Is it normal to feel skin a bit tight the day after? Should I moisturize it more?

Following the artist´s advice I kept the tattooed area saran wrapped for only a couple of hours yesterday, and just covered with a cotton t-shirt since then. I washed it several times with cold water and unscented soap. Now I´m about to go to the pharmacy to buy bepanthen, which the artist also recommended.

Thanks guys.

It´s been feeling better now and it´s starting to scab. It all seems to be going well now.

Hehe, Mark, never say never, but I don´t think I´ll get enough tattoos to do much trial and error :P I think I´ll just stick to one method as long as I don´t get gangrene or something.

And ok, I won´t swim in an ocean or a lake. Rivers are ok, right? ;)