hi from mass

arcticlove

Hi, my name is Amber, and I'm 20 years old. I joined this forum because I have always dreamed of being a tattoo artist, and I was hoping some people here will give me amazing advice. i have done 6 (please do NOT diss me, im here for advice, and at least im being honest) stick-n-poke tattoos. my stick-n-pokes are done with real tattoo ink, NOT INDIA INK.

But when i reach out to shops for the process of being an apprentice, i am told i have potential, but not a single place has the time or want to have an apprentice at the time. and i have not been told much in what i need to qualify for it all when i ask them. so im still trying to find a place.

the picture is a stick-n-poke i did, it is NOT completed in this picture, she had another touchup 2 weeks after this picture was taken and i have not gotten a picture of it yet. but it is the only picture i have on my computer at the moment. but i will put more up of the other ones when i can.

so.. yea :) hi lol

First, quit doing what you're doing. Throw any remaining needles or ink you have in the trash.

Second, get tattooed for years.

Third, hope someone give you a chance.

Fourth, as much as no one wants to hear it, and no one really listens to it, the best sentiment as to why it's hard to get a chance is something Valerie Vargas said in an interview recently: "Just because you want to tattoo, doesn't mean you should tattoo." You have to prove to someone they can trust you to not waste their time, and your approach does the exact opposite of that.

i know and i didnt ask any questions. but unfortunately i dont understand why advice is so hard to get in the tattoo world.

You've had advice, very good advice at that. Here:

First, quit doing what you're doing. Throw any remaining needles or ink you have in the trash.

Second, get tattooed for years.

Third, hope someone give you a chance.

Fourth, as much as no one wants to hear it, and no one really listens to it, the best sentiment as to why it's hard to get a chance is something Valerie Vargas said in an interview recently: "Just because you want to tattoo, doesn't mean you should tattoo." You have to prove to someone they can trust you to not waste their time, and your approach does the exact opposite of that.

Do that and draw, draw, draw and draw some more.

- - - Updated - - -

Draw on paper I mean, natch.