Howdy. . . . . Forum Newbie here saying hello.

BKLZ

Hey there,

Mostly signed up due to a simple power supply issue which I needed help with but figured I would say hi as suggested in the sign-up.

Late thirties, occasional interest in tattooing, always interest in art. I learned to tattoo when I was in my early teens through a well known tattooer, pretty much forgot a lot of what I learned, Tattooed little gangsters and such when I was a little kid, my mentor let me work on some tattoos. Tattooed while hitchhiking around the country when I was out of high school. Purely renegade style, on the streets and such, grip of 9 volts, etc. Moved on to art and art school years later.

I may be a bit old to be cool with the cool guys at your local shop, so Im not so sure I qualify for the standard apprenticeship unless I make friends with some real salty old timer. Learned a lot reading and talking with friends over the years, looking to get into color realism, and paint a bunch of labels on my leg that I'd been planning on for a while. We'll see.

in regards to my quesiton. I have a hurricane hp3 without the power transformer/cable. Can someone tell me the votlage and amperage on theirs so I can replace mine? Thanks, PTRBKLZ

- - - Updated - - -

In case you didnt make it through my run-on intro...

Can someone tell me the voltage and amperage of the power transformer on a hurricane power supply? I lost mine and need to replace it/dont want to fry the thing trying the wrong voltage. Thanks!

Then you signed up for the wrong reason. And apparently didn't take the time to read the forum rules/newbie guidelines as well.

Do not start threads asking about specific tattooing equipment or techniques, LST is not here to teach anyone how to tattoo. Ask your own tattooer, the next time you are getting tattooed. Maybe they'll answer you, maybe they won't.
Do not start threads asking questions about "breaking into the business" of tattooing.

Hopefully you come correct next time/future posts.

Well,

I think you're pretty funny. I am in no way looking to 'break in' to your industry. I think it is mostly a joke anyway. I'm just an artist who does what he wants.

Regarding the forum terms and such- I really dont think that asking about the amperage of a transformer compares to asking about techniques, asking for trade secrets, etc. Tattooing going pop really brought the know it all sociopathic corporate mentality along with it, eh?

As far as google- wow, that hurts. lol. Yeah, I can build a frickin power supply with a 10 dollar rheostat, a laptop power supply and chalkware Jesus. and trust that Ive tried to find a solid picture of the power unit online and have looked through the specs from all of the dumbassed chinese suppliers but havent found my answer.

You guys are rediculous. haha

- - - Updated - - -

The name 'last sparrow' is fitting. It's over. Yeah, know your BBP, common sense.... yadda yadda

Enjoy your 'scene'. . . . I'll stick to enjoying good art... and doing what i want.

When I step into another person's house, I wipe my feet as to not track mud around. Or, if it is their house-rule to remove their shoes, I will gladly leave them at the door. This is done out of respect.

Even if you don't think it makes sense, a person should observe the customs of the house, or risk looking like a mannerless boob and possibly get kicked out.