Seems Interesting.

NativeAngel

Hello all. I go by Jay and I have been getting tattoos since 2011. I know its not that long but I spent 2 years being afraid I was going to experience a huge amount of pain. As it turns out that was not the case. I have recieved tattoos in Thailand, Japan, China, and America. I just recently got my my 6th tattoo and let me tell you. Its a complete bitch. I got it a day ago and my foot is the size of Africa. At first I was worried because all my friends told me it wasn't normal for it to swell this bad. As in my toes are numb. But after looking around here I'm not as worried. However, I would like to know if I can go to sleep with socks on? I know its only the second day and my tattoo needs to breathe but when my feet are cold I don't sleep. Any help?

Hello all. I go by Jay and I have been getting tattoos since 2011. I know its not that long but I spent 2 years being afraid I was going to experience a huge amount of pain. As it turns out that was not the case. I have recieved tattoos in Thailand, Japan, China, and America. I just recently got my my 6th tattoo and let me tell you. Its a complete bitch. I got it a day ago and my foot is the size of Africa. At first I was worried because all my friends told me it wasn't normal for it to swell this bad. As in my toes are numb. But after looking around here I'm not as worried. However, I would like to know if I can go to sleep with socks on? I know its only the second day and my tattoo needs to breathe but when my feet are cold I don't sleep. Any help?

I agree with @Johannes about not putting any cloth on a fresh tattoo, but ask your tattooer!

I also have unbearably cold feet at times - may I suggest a hot water bottle, heating pad, or other non-sock heat source to pop in bed near your feet? This way you can stay warm without suffocating your tattoo.

Welcome to the forum!

keep it elevated, take an anti-inflammatory if you are able to. stay off of it when you can and don't alter your aftercare just because of the swelling. hands/feet swelling isn't unusual. usually takes a couple or more days for it to go away depending on how often you can stay off of it and elevate it. and like others said, let your tattooer know because they should be telling you this.

Welcome. Do you travel in Asia for work or play?

I just moved back to America. I lived in Japan for 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys and girls. For the welcome I have been keeping it elevated. So far no change has happened it still swollen. But tomorrow I'm going to have to get up and walk on it so we shall see what happens.