Hello from Beijing

WideOcean

Hey there, this is James. I'm a European guy living in Beijing, China. I got into tattoos a few months ago and started a shoulder piece (which is turning into a sleeve) after being blown away by this Chinese artist. His name is Dong Dong. :)

You can see my piece in the attachment, it's inspired by traditional Beijing Opera. Smoke, skulls and colored flowers will go on the forearm.

Like apparently a lot of people, I got "addicted" to tattoos and tattoo culture. If I follow my current impulse, I'll be covered in tattoos in a few years, so I'm trying to pace it here, although the urge to get the next one is very strong.

I joined mostly for exchange and inspiration. And because I have an office job.

Cheers

J

Welcome to LST! Great looking tattoo, are you going to extend it down your arm? It's always cool for me to hear of artists I didn't know of before too, and it looks like Dong Dong is doing great work. Have you checked out the YZ Tattoo guys as well? I've seen them tattooing at conventions and they're doing some amazing tattoos.

Welcome to LST! Great looking tattoo, are you going to extend it down your arm? It's always cool for me to hear of artists I didn't know of before too, and it looks like Dong Dong is doing great work. Have you checked out the YZ Tattoo guys as well? I've seen them tattooing at conventions and they're doing some amazing tattoos.

Thank you!

Yes, I will extend it on the forearm. Dong Dong has a very unique, "mysterious" and flowing style, that I like a lot, right now. These pics are other works of his.

And yes, I know YZ, too. I'm still considering whether to let YZ or Dong Dong do my next project, after this arm is done!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thanks, I had not found these yet. Unfortunately these guys are a little inexperienced when it comes to marketing their businesses to the expat crowd.