JakeWolfSkin

JakeWolfSkin

Hello everyone,

I ended upon this forum by searching google. At first I got member of another forum, but it seems like there is nobody alive... After that I scrolled through google and saw the line: 'we are the most respected...' which took my interest.

About me:

I'm from Belgium and I'm a student, I'm 19 years old.

I used to dislike people having tattoos, because of the stereotypes, but ever since last year, I got into tattoos.

I'm definitely not the type of guy that gets his whole body tattooed, but I like them on non-visible spots, when wearing casual clothes ( t-shirt, shorts, ... ).

As I just said,I don't want any tattoos on directly visible spots, such as my forearm, fingers, neck and face.

I prefer having them on my upper back, upper arm, perhaps my lower leg and that's almost it.

I haven't got any tattoos already, but I'm planning on having one (maybe more...).

I'm still looking for a good wolf design, but haven't yet found it, so I hope I gather some ideas here.

Things I would like to get tattooed:

1. The stars from the Alaskan flag ( small, not too large ), spot: maybe my lower leg.

2. Something with the initials of my grandparents and my mom in it, spot: right rib cage or clavicle, not sure yet...

3. Off course a tattoo of a wolf, spot: left upper back ( shoulder blade )

It might sound like I'm completely into being all covered up, but that's absolutely not right. These are small tattoos except for the wolf tattoo, so... ;)

I don't like coloured tattoos, I love them black, but colours are too unnatural, the way I see it.

I'm ready to hear what you think of it!

--

Since I'm from Belgium, you can always correct me when I say something wrong, spell it wrong, or when you don't understand what I'm trying to say ;)

Hello and welcome. It's always kind of weird to hear people say that they aren't *that* kind of person who gets covered in tattoos because, well, what kind of people do you think we are? Most of us are just more or less regular people who have chosen to decorate our bodies in a particular manner. I'd also say that most of us never intended to get covered in tattoos, it's just something that happened as we got tattooed and fell for the art, the experiences and stories, and the community surrounding tattooing. There isn't anything else, at least that I've experienced and had a part in, however small that is, that matches tattoos.

There's also a thread here about wolf tattoos that will hopefully provide you with some inspiration.

I don't like coloured tattoos, I love them black, but colours are too unnatural, the way I see it.

That's interesting, because black is not a color found in nature. Maybe you mean with respect to tattoos?

And, wolf tattoos are the way to go. You will find a lot of references on this forum for wolves.

Hello and welcome. It's always kind of weird to hear people say that they aren't *that* kind of person who gets covered in tattoos because, well, what kind of people do you think we are? Most of us are just more or less regular people who have chosen to decorate our bodies in a particular manner. I'd also say that most of us never intended to get covered in tattoos, it's just something that happened as we got tattooed and fell for the art, the experiences and stories, and the community surrounding tattooing. There isn't anything else, at least that I've experienced and had a part in, however small that is, that matches tattoos.

There's also a thread here about wolf tattoos that will hopefully provide you with some inspiration.

I meant ( and said ), that I am not the type of guy who gets his whole body tattooed. No offense to the ones who do ( some sleeves I even like ), but that's it: I like to see it, not to get it myself. I make an exception for having a few tattoos, almost non-visible when wearing clothes.

Thanks for the info about the threat, I looked it up immediately!

Welcome dude, sounds like you've put some thought into your prospective tattoos. Have you started looking into shops yet? If you're not too far from Luxembourg check out Dan Sinnes' place Electric Ave.

I went to their webpage, and it seems a good place to me. I have some others in mind too, but I'll post it here before I go.

@HaydenRose:

What do you mean with, 'Black is not a color found in nature' ? I'm pretty sure it is: coal, graphite, ebony wood and so on ;)

And I did mean it with respect to tattoos ( never heard anyone say it like this in English :) )

I'm totally into Wolf tattoos, already checked out the forum thread about it & the design page on this website, only found 1 I liked. I do like wolf tattoos of real wolves, not the fantasy / drawing, ones.

Thanks already for the advise here people, I'm pretty sure it'll help me out, being on this forum!

most of us never intended to get covered in tattoos, it's just something that happened

I hear you. I just got my first tattoo two weeks ago and had plans for a larger piece I will want to get when I find the right artist, and that was going to be it. But I immediately started thinking of two more I want to get on my palms, and now I´m also daydreaming about getting sort-of-sleeves.

Welcome aboard, Jake. I´m new here too.

Don´t worry, I understand what you´re trying to say, it´s just the wording that can come off as judgmental, but I know it´s not what you want to imply, it´s just the way we are taught to say certain things. It happens to me too, or rather I realize it would happen before saying it, so I just shut up :P

@HaydenRose, now I understand what you were trying to say.

@Fermin, It's funny indeed that there are lots of people who're saying the same as I do, about not wanting to get the whole body tattooed, and afterwards they do.

With me it's a little bit different. Here in Belgium, it's almost like a taboo, having tattoos. People judge you when they see even a small tattoo, and I'm sure you understand that it's quite hard to find a high educational job ( I'm studying to become SAP Consultant ), when you're all covered in tattoos.

As I mentioned before, I do like to see a lot of tattoo styles, even sleeves etc., but I'm not getting one like that, because that's not what I want on my own body. It was actually a big step to say: I want a wolf tattoo on my back, knowing that, that is going to be a big piece. The other ones I mentioned aren't that big and are easy to hide...

I do have the utmost respect for all you guys, I love to see that there's still people loving some good body arts!