New U.S. Army Regulations on Tattoos

Had this topic on a fire arms website a couple weeks ago, this came out then. Really didn't get too much good discussion before the mostly extremist right wing members started getting ridiculous with flaming tattoos and tattooed people and the mods had to close the thread. The only intelligent comment was that this is population control as we don't need nearly as many soldiers right now, but let another war or crisis start and restrictions will become more lax again.

I personally don't care how tattooed someone is, in any profession I'm more concerned with ability.

I never understood this considering the troops are usually covered head to toe in gear when interacting with people on the field.

Designs can come from anywhere. Ink Well’s three tattoo artists can do original work, copy images off the Internet or from photographs or drawings customers bring in, or combine what the customer has in mind with their own ideas.

Sigh...

I never understood this considering the troops are usually covered head to toe in gear when interacting with people on the field. Sigh...

Even when when in formal dress doing memorial services they are basically covered.

Regardless, tattoos, even 'offensive' ones have zero to do with ones ability to use a rifle or machine gun, or even a cash register, lawn mower, any job.

Senseless waste of time and resources IMO