Brew Dogs

Gregor

If Graeme has inside gossip then lay it on us!

James Dickie is a fairly controversial figure in brewing in the UK and Ireland so I guess if this ruffles feathers it will be par for the course for them. I don't think they are believers in bad publicity.

I like Brewdog's beer. Their whole business model in fact: The bars, the selling equity to their customers, the rowing with mass market brewers...

But TV is a bit of a new departure. I'm not sure I like the sound of the wacky "can we fit a cow in the beer mash for our ultimate wild west beer" etc. It's a bit ... er... 'Inkmasters'-esque.

Its a bit of both it has a lot of "entertainment" stuff to give it a broad spectrum I suppose , but I really like the bit where they reccomend beers and pubs . Plus I think they are fairly affable guys and will always get my respect for they way they have "fought" for craft beer in the uk against the whole old fashioned closed door cask ale guys and the horrible big tennants-type pish brokers.

Yeah, I don't know about the personalities involved but their beer works for me... Constantly putting new stuff out, not all winners but I like finding out.

Speaking of brewers and new stuff, Brooklyn Brewing finally seems to be arriving here on tap in a few places. Finally. This is as exciting as when we got pesto and pasta in the late 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You can buy brooklyn , sam adams and goose island in all the big supermarkets now too which is also a good thing. I want to find more of that beaverton black betty stuff - best beer I've had in ages , but scared to go back into wholefoods as I end up spending too much money and their Cannoli is making me fat lol !!