Goddamn I love Jon Stewart

gougetheeyes

Other networks and talk shows offered similar criticisms of the "memorial" but that's not being discussed. Even left wingers Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldgerg compared it to a pep rally, why isn't that being covered? And Fox News' hated Bill O'Reilly praised Obama for his speech (also unmentioned) so I find Stewart's rant politically one sided. For me, I'll watch Fox news over the other networks every day even though I don't like those morning show hosts in Stewart's piece. It seems to be a major problem for many people that Fox tends to lean right but noone wants to criticize networks like CNN and especially MSNBC for being biased to the left. It works both ways.

I can agree with that. It's almost impossible for me to watch any kind of news that isn't straight headlines, which has been completely lost.. every news anchor wants to editorialize and then talk to "experts" who are a.) not and b.) obnoxious. I think they showed some CNN folks in there calling it a pep rally, but to me Fox is the lowest of the low simply because they're the most transparent. They're all worthless though. Hope I didn't offend you Wedge!

I can agree with that. It's almost impossible for me to watch any kind of news that isn't straight headlines, which has been completely lost.. every news anchor wants to editorialize and then talk to "experts" who are a.) not and b.) obnoxious. I think they showed some CNN folks in there calling it a pep rally, but to me Fox is the lowest of the low simply because they're the most transparent. They're all worthless though. Hope I didn't offend you Wedge!

No offense taken at all but thanks. I don't want to get into too deep of a political discussion but everyone is of course entitled to their opinions. I think in general many individuals and networks have become too polarized and that doesn't help the country. I agree and disagree with policies and opinions from both sides and I don't feel just because I disagree with someone it makes them right or wrong. In my opinion the mainstream media almost entirely leans to the left and I like hearing a different view from Fox, and the fact they're not afraid to challenge the views from the other side. They seem to stand alone in that department and I like that, although like everyone else they do go too far at times.

We may need to impose a "no politics" rule on here. You're dead on though but the problem is the terms "left" and "right" are pointless and seem to only serve the media instead of any actual politics... I'm a registered independent because both parties are useless and maybe one day we can get away from a two-party system. I identify with both sides but Republicans today are 180 degrees different from what they were 50 years ago. Hell, 20 years ago. And I've lost it with the Democrats for being a bunch of whiny, gutless, middle ground panderers..

Ok no politics rule into effect............NOW hahahaa