Hey all!

Tay99

Hey everybody just signed up to LST, great forum. I'm looking at getting some advice on some big pieces (if I can mange to get on the waiting list of the artist I'm after in the near future).

Currently in Calgary at the moment so had a good time down at the convention here this past weekend, plenty of talented artists up here in Canada!

Thanks Graeme, I think firstly I'm looking for some advice about covering black and grey work, I have some work on my leg at the moment which I'm looking to add to but I think I should cover up a couple of areas that I'm not completely happy with. I recently had it redone but initially I was looking to cover parts of it, the artist that did it said I cant cover black and grey with black and grey on top. So I took his best judgment and just re-worked the tattoo to tighten it up, a mistake on my part I think now. What would be your thoughts on the best colors to go with to cover up? Originally I had suggested a deep blue but was told it may not work and in the end some of the old tattoo would be visible again.

Have you looked into lightening it up with some laser first? Quite a few LST users have had good luck with laser. Generally though, I'd suggest consulting with an artist to see what he or she recommends.

I think that would probably be the best option, I was reading a blog by Mike Devries and that was his advice too for people looking to get cover ups. Unfortunate though that I ended up having it re-done not 5 weeks ago, lesson learnt I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

a panther head would probably work great if you are into cool traditional images

I thought maybe skulls and roses may work well.... I'd have to pack a lot of black in there. (I don't mind that though)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome.

A panther head is always A Good Thing.

Ha! Thanks HettyKet, I'd have to go with a more photo realistic panther for me.