'Tattoo World in Your Pocket'

Hiya,

Today I found the website (and mobile) apps of Tattoo App-Tattoo World App For Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.

It's a 'database' of all tattooshops, piercingshops, conventions etc worldwide, with location and information about the shop, ratings, reviews etc.

It's seems there aren't a whole lot of shops active yet (at least in my part of the world), but it looks interesting.

Anybody else seen it/used it yet?

Hiya' date=' Today I found the website (and mobile) apps of Tattoo App-Tattoo World App For Android, iPhone and Windows Phone. It's a 'database' of all tattooshops, piercingshops, conventions etc worldwide, with location and information about the shop, ratings, reviews etc. It's seems there aren't a whole lot of shops active yet (at least in my part of the world), but it looks interesting. Anybody else seen it/used it yet?

I downloaded it, it shows a lot/most of the shops in my area but didn't have reviews and such.

Very cool idea, I'd love to see it take off

I downloaded it to take a look at it and then deleted it because I don't see it being at all useful. I don't see it having any advantage over something like Yelp, which is pretty shit for finding out about tattoo shops anyway because it seems like everybody who writes shop reviews on there is a moron, but at least I can use it to find something to eat when I'm travelling.

I'll continue using LST as my tattoo guide.

Sounds like a potentially good place to start researching for a tattoo. Still seems pretty pointless when you can just type "tatoo [cityname]" into google already and feasibly get the same information. Only way I can see it being worthwhile is if it's really easy to use or something along those lines. Example: I use instagram as a supplemental portfolio for a lot of tattooers (most post every tattoo instead of only their best & it's super accessible).

I'd also like to think that "ratings & reviews" don't become the basis for people picking their shops. I'd rather a shop's merits and amount of success come from "clean lines & solid shading." Reviewing a tattoo shop seems like a good cop-out to avoid real research and a way for uneducated people to promote uneducated tattoo decisions.

Maybe promotes bad tattoo decisions? Maybe is promoting longevity of the industry (we'll always need cover-up artists)?