HEY!! need thoughts/opinions how to make my first tattoo better

arthuritis

Hey everybody here at Last Sparrow Tattoo! I've had this tattoo for over 2 years and I've been planning on getting it redone but I haven't had any good ideas on what I should do to make it better. a coverup is almost impossible for this due to its size and darkness but I just wanted to maybe get something added or get it reworked to look better. Any thoughts/opinions would be very much appreciated! thanks!

xop02b.jpg

from experience I would have some laser sessions done then start fresh with a new tattoo.. The only reason I say that is that tattoo is kinda big and what would you cover that up with? Making it better? I guess it's possible to redo it but you will be limited in the new design..

First thing is find amazing tattooer and speak to him/her about it. NYC isn't too far from VA.

Also what direction are you going? Traditional?

I am located in 757 Norfolk, VA.

and well laser removal is not really something I was planning, I kind of just wanted ideas of anything I could do to make it better.

Homey, everyone else has suggested good folks, but, I would also check out JD Crowe's Ancient Art in VB. Dave Voegeli, Scott Sterling, and Tony Riccio are hot fire.