New Guy!

Abyss

Hello folks! I'm Abyss, I live in ATL Ga. I've been reading on this forum for a while now and thought to myself it's about damn time to register and join the community lol. I am always hesitant about forums because I just don't know what to write about. But I figure, I could write about the tattoos on me for this forum.

I recently just got tattoo by Mr. Rubendall in August. We did 4 sessions (2 consecutive follow by 2 weeks of healing and another 2 consecutive) total so far. I have to fly back to NY in November to finish it up with 1 more session. Here's some flicks off the outline and shading. I actually have color on the dragon, I just haven't taken a picture of it yet. I will take some picture soon and post it! Let me know what yall think! Thanks!

Wow. Great tattoo. How long did you have to wait to get in with him? I contacted his assistant and was told he was booked through 2016 and they weren't taking names for a wait list!

Why does this matter? Rubendall is one of the best--I'm going to say that he's even better than you think he is--so if you actually want to get tattooed by him you ask his assistant what you need to do to get tattooed by him and take it from there.

Why does this matter? Rubendall is one of the best--I'm going to say that he's even better than you think he is--so if you actually want to get tattooed by him you ask his assistant what you need to do to get tattooed by him and take it from there.

Doesn't matter and I wasn't asking because it did...it was purely out of curiosity....like if I met him and asked about his tattoo and he said Rubendall did it I would probably say "wow looks great. How long did you gave to wait to get in with him. He is one of the best." And I did ask his assistant and she said email every few months and ask again.

Awesome first post!

I'd love to pick your brains, decided to post here instead of PM, so that others can benefit from reading your experience too :

1. You did 2 sessions on <2 weeks off> 2 sessions - How long did you go each session? - I plan on doing my back but have an appointment for 18/19 and then the 25. Any tips?

2. The hori title indicates a master, so was a machine no used to create your piece? (sorry if I missed that).

I plan on going for a dragon and tiger with some traditional japanese elements as a back piece. Undecided on a cover-up or not : http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/attachments/initiation/9669d1383639533-stick-some-shrimp-barby-photo-5-11-13-16-13-17.jpg

Cheers!

Awesome first post!

I'd love to pick your brains, decided to post here instead of PM, so that others can benefit from reading your experience too :

1. You did 2 sessions on <2 weeks off> 2 sessions - How long did you go each session? - I plan on doing my back but have an appointment for 18/19 and then the 25. Any tips?

2. The hori title indicates a master, so was a machine no used to create your piece? (sorry if I missed that).

I plan on going for a dragon and tiger with some traditional japanese elements as a back piece. Undecided on a cover-up or not : http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/attachments/initiation/9669d1383639533-stick-some-shrimp-barby-photo-5-11-13-16-13-17.jpg

Cheers!

Thank you! Each session last about 4-5 hours. As for tips: Take Aleve to reduce swelling. By the end of the session I had a hulk left arm. haha

He used coil machines for the BURN UNIT and Kiku. I could have asked for Tebori though.

Sweet, that will be be an epic cover up. Who are you thinking about to do your backpiece?

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm down under (Sydney) but looking at an artist in Thailand who has done some work on a friend.

Still tossing up the option of a coverup or just reworking this. I will only get 15 hours or so across 3 sessions and would like to use it wisely.

Sorry to derail your thread, hop on mine if you want to chat more.

Thanks for the aleve tip. Definitely going that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...