Washing tattoo out of clothing

slayer9019

Hey so this is interesting. It seems I have tattoo ink stains on a pair of shoes, various clothing items and a comforter. Is there any easy way to wash it out.

I have had great success with using oxiclean as well as detergent in washing the ink stains out of my shirts, sheets, and comforter. My shoes stayed a little stained until I got them dirtier, so...

Anyway, I just tossed my stuff in and made sure it was on hot and added a few of the oxiclean packs. I think that if you do a pre-soak with the powder (there are instructions on the side of the tub!) you'll get even more mileage out of it! That wasn't necessary in my case, but if you are having extra trouble, check it out.

This happened to a favorite t-shirt of mine a while back. I ended up pre-washing the area with some rubbing alcohol, then immediately put the shirt in the wash with a load of clothes. It was mostly gone after that, then repeat washings took the remainder out.

I've had this problem, but I never used any special cleaning products. After a few regular washes, it comes out. I have heard that hairspray works well, but not sure you'll have any of that kicking around haha :)

I'll second this motion. I've never really thought about it and they've always just gone away.

This thread made me learn what a "comforter" is!

Ha! I always called it a "bedspread" when I was a kid, but at some point it seems everyone just started calling them comforters. Which is a weird, weird term. I also take issue with "hoodie" and "beanie" but none of this has anything to do with what this thread is about..

While the garment is dry, try pouring a bit of hydrogen peroxide on the inked area. It should loosen it, and lift it off the material. This also works great on removing blood from clothing and carpet. You know, in case you damage someone, and need to clean-up. LOL

This I should try, since I know I've yet to get blood out of a particular pair of jeans that accompanied me to a concert.

I had a friend who would wear all black to the shop everyday and touch up any color pigment stains with a sharpie.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha that's awesome. I know the guy who tattoos me now wears a denim welding apron.

Probably doesn't work on Gwar blood.

Yea, Gwar blood is something else haha. The only time you are allowed to break the "all black" rule and wear a white tshirt.