Washing tattoo out of clothing

slayer9019

I lay beach towels across my bed so I don't get the sheets or mattress stained with fresh ink. I wear real dark shirts to work so if the ink does bleed through, it won't be noticed.

I can't recall any incident where I stained something after a new tattoo. But then again, maybe I don't give a crap and I never look at the bottom side of my comforter.

Rob

Hey so this is interesting. It seems I have tattoo ink stains on a pair of shoes, various clothing items and a comforter. Is there any easy way to wash it out.

Scrub it with Pinesol. Then soak in hot water and Oxyclean. The. Wash normally. Repeat if stain isn't 100% gone. It will clear it up 100%.

I still call it bedspread, maybe that is a mid-atlantic thing?

I grew up in the south with midwestern parents and we called it a bedspread or a blanket, ha! I remember hearing comforter as I got older and they had stores devoted to bedding and such. I do remember the first time I heard duvet though and wondered why we need more fancy words for bedspread.

I grew up in the south with midwestern parents and we called it a bedspread or a blanket, ha! I remember hearing comforter as I got older and they had stores devoted to bedding and such. I do remember the first time I heard duvet though and wondered why we need more fancy words for bedspread.

I'm the NYC area 'burbs. Bedspreads were always thin bed coverings as I grew up. Comforters came about later, thicker and good for warm and cool weather use. The first ones I were aware of were in about 1980.

Rob

• 4 years later...