New from Oz :)

TattooedMumma

Hello there!

My name is Cherie and I am new here. I will do a point form intro on myself- cant wait o dive into this site :)

1. I am from Australia

2. I stumbled across this site only yesterday while googling annoyances Tattoo artists have (laughed so hard reading through them!!)

3. Mum of 4 crazy kids and I work at our local preschool.

4. first Tattoo was a trail of 7 butterflies on my hip ( starts on hip bone and goes up around my side)- got it to mark a moment in my life where I was leaving a really shit situation. Next I got my three girls' first initial with stars on my back then later added my son and more stars and a bit of a star trail and colour. Am next getting thigh pieces. raccoon on my right and Owl on my left.

5. Not really sure where my initial interest in tattoos came from but I remember as a little kid being in awe of them and wanting them- and I didn't know anyone with ink as a kid- the only person I saw in the media would have been Angry Anderson I Guess.

6. Cant stand scratchers - nor the idiots who promote their crap as decent work.

7. cant stand people that think they are bad ass just because they have a tattoo.

8. cant help but chuckle when I see a white man with tribal. sorry. I just cant help it. To me tribal is for people with a connection to that tribe some how- one article I read that I felt good with was a white bloke did a sailing trip through the Polynesian islands and had a traditional tribal tattoo done by a local using their symbols etc. that told the story of his trip. brilliant! :) I get that some tattoos are for aesthetic purposes only etc. but for some reason generic tribal just irks me.

9. am yet to attend a tattoo convention but it is on my to do list!! there is one in Melbourne I really want to go to ( rites of passage) and one in Sydney that actually falls close to my birthday (Australian tattoo and body art expo)

10. no I don't have a pet kangaroo.

@ieatass4free (laughed so hard just then!!) why thank you for the welcome- as for the how do I - I am only casual and it is so different being at work to being mum. I love my job and we have so much fun :) @spookysproul I intend to take full advantage of our artists! would love to have something done by a few different artists in their style. I recently saw some of crispy lennox's work and got excited to see he is at Melbourne (doable travel wise from where I live), but am willing to also research other artists styles before deciding . @Amok - I have read that name before- I will be off flicking through my stash of aust/nz inked magazines now! that name is stuck in my head for one reason or another so im guessing he is in one of them and ive enjoyed what ive seen!

agree @Gregor! and thanks @Dumpleton- shall look into your suggestion too!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks again gregor! will check your link!

Hello there!

My name is Cherie and I am new here. I will do a point form intro on myself- cant wait o dive into this site :)

1. I am from Australia

2. I stumbled across this site only yesterday while googling annoyances Tattoo artists have (laughed so hard reading through them!!)

3. Mum of 4 crazy kids and I work at our local preschool.

4. first Tattoo was a trail of 7 butterflies on my hip ( starts on hip bone and goes up around my side)- got it to mark a moment in my life where I was leaving a really shit situation. Next I got my three girls' first initial with stars on my back then later added my son and more stars and a bit of a star trail and colour. Am next getting thigh pieces. raccoon on my right and Owl on my left.

5. Not really sure where my initial interest in tattoos came from but I remember as a little kid being in awe of them and wanting them- and I didn't know anyone with ink as a kid- the only person I saw in the media would have been Angry Anderson I Guess.

6. Cant stand scratchers - nor the idiots who promote their crap as decent work.

7. cant stand people that think they are bad ass just because they have a tattoo.

8. cant help but chuckle when I see a white man with tribal. sorry. I just cant help it. To me tribal is for people with a connection to that tribe some how- one article I read that I felt good with was a white bloke did a sailing trip through the Polynesian islands and had a traditional tribal tattoo done by a local using their symbols etc. that told the story of his trip. brilliant! :) I get that some tattoos are for aesthetic purposes only etc. but for some reason generic tribal just irks me.

9. am yet to attend a tattoo convention but it is on my to do list!! there is one in Melbourne I really want to go to ( rites of passage) and one in Sydney that actually falls close to my birthday (Australian tattoo and body art expo)

10. no I don't have a pet kangaroo.

welcome to these fun forums !

Australia is so cool,I would love to vacation there sometime,

I have a friend that lives in Adelaide,

him & his wife have been asking me to come visit for a while,I can stay with them, :)

I would love to see the beaches there,

do you have to cover your tattoos at work ?

preschool kids can be a handful !

do you have a pet Kangaroo ? Scratch-head02-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000415-large.gif

do it @Dan!! Adelaide is beautiful, I have only been there once with a bunch of friends and loved it. Bonus having free accommodation! definitely take them up on that offer!

My tattoos cant really be seen anyway but there are staff members with visible tattoos and they aren't told to cover them up.

pet kangaroo with generic tribal! pmsl ... no . we did have a Galah. He was a bastard lol. well he loved me but he hated men. My husband couldn't go in the cage and even if he or our male friends went near the cage he would go off! just a budgie and a dog now.

yeah there are only about 3 kids in our room that are.... hmmm.... "challenging" ... the rest are brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so I have finally finished researching everyone's amazing suggestions ! what can I say ? wow!! thank you all so much! @Dumpleton : wt Norbert! I checked that link and fell in love with what he does! one pic says he is in Sydney which is only about4.5 hrs from me, so not too bad travel wise! I would love for him to do my thighs or just one seeing I also checked Rose Hardy and was very impressed! she is brilliant!

@Gregor : like I had said earlier, I saw Crispy lennox in a magazine I have here and got all excited. I think I need to add him to my list ! no idea for what, but I really like his work. I checked out Ali, she is in Brisbane. thanks for suggesting her too!She is a wonderful artist! would love to get something by her at some point!

god you people are going to send me broke ;)

@Amok : I ended up finding the article :) I also looked him up on the web and remember why he stuck in my head. brilliant!

@Graeme : not sure I would get Trevors work but I really did enjoy looking through it! thank you for the suggestion! I do enjoy looking at Japanese tattoos, and reading about the tradition and how certain elements go together and others just don't.

so again! thank you all for suggesting these amazing artists! now I must think a bit harder and save a bit more. definitely don't want to just rush in to my local artist for my thighs now, happy to wait a bit more and hopefully get something by some of the above artists :)

@InkedMumma glad to hear it! There's plenty of fine artists to choose from here and you're on the right track.

Slightly off topic but I'm getting tattooed by Norbert right now! Foruming distracts from the pain a bit.

Best post timing ever.

A guy I work with is getting his chest done by Norbert in 1 weeks time, he is shitting himself ha ha.

Best post timing ever.

A guy I work with is getting his chest done by Norbert in 1 weeks time, he is shitting himself ha ha.

I would be too! Chest isn't fun

Oh wow @Amok! How was the experience? whats he like??What are you getting? Feel like sharing pics yet?

Thanks for the welcome @Mark Bee :)

It was a good day, he's a nice guy and I'm happy with the outcome. I posted a few pics the latest tattoo lowdown thread but here's one. There's a few blood spots there that have gone now.

photo-2.jpg

oh I love it! you lucky bastard! found you on instagram too btw... im cherie173 or something... I forget. I was angryvagina for ages before I thought I should change it ;)

thanks for posting the pic too! will go check the other thread for more pics :)

@Dumpleton ooooh... from what ive heard from friends about the chest- id be shitting myself too!

• 2 weeks later...

haha @Dumpleton. you're one cruel bastard- I like it :D

WELL! I told the husband I want Norbert to do my thighs and he just doesn't get why I would want to spend that sort of money plus the logisitics of babysitters and travel etc . :( cue tantrum from me....

so I doubt I will be lucky enough to get any large work done by these amazing artists unless I book in with them at a convention.... (no idea how that's any different/better to just going to their studio but anyway!!that's a whole other battle not worth divorcing over.... or is it...??)

Here is the start of my mates chest tattoo.

Also what I would do is email Norbert and ask if he would be heading your way I am fairly sure he travels to Melbourne to tattoo, not only at conventions but as a guest artist in some shops.

A lot of artist do travel to Australia more often that you might think. Best to ask the question and get the tattoos you want from the artists you really want.

This year I had tattoos lined up from Steve Byrne and Myke Chambers in Sydney, unfortunately both fell through as they cancelled there trips for whatever reasons.

Ask the questions and you might be pleasantly surprised.

604812187849985026_244277050_zps792a9730.jpg