Newb to the site, hi from Portland OR

Bigboy67

Anybody have any thoughts in how best to fill out my sleeves? They have a pretty hard edge to them, which is worrying me. I don't want it to look like I have a 3/4 sleeve and then a separate cuff looking tattoo that makes my sleeve look strange.

Wondering what other people with the same situation have done. I have about 6 inches of space to fill out to my wrist and my firearm is 13+ inches so I can fit quite a bit of work in this spot, but I feel like any color or major deviation in style from the above tattoos will make it look too separate. Ideas? Not looking for specific imagery or anything, more like ideas on what you have done to increase continuity.

post-17122-146168861104_thumb.jpg

post-17122-146168861098_thumb.jpg

post-17122-146168861109_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Was able to get a second appointment with Cecil Porter (just got lucky since I live in Portland where he is now), so I think now that I have about 16-18 guaranteed hours with him that I'm gonna change up my plans and have him do a coverup for me, covering a piece in my upper back, and also tattoo over my shoulders onto my chest as well. Will post up pics for sure, two appts with Cecil in January and one with Tim kern in feb means I gotta save up? These boys ain't cheap

• 3 weeks later...

Got about 10 hours under the needle with Cecil on Friday. Pic below is the progress we made, mostly mapped entire owl body and one wing, blacks and browns started in as well as some others. Second wing obviously not even started yet. Don't usually post "progress" shots, but I think it'll be really cool for others to see where this starts and what iTools like after round two.

Multi-session tattoos aren't for the faint of heart, haha, you gotta walk around explaining to anyone who sees it "oh it's my finished"....

post-17122-146168863178_thumb.jpg

One more that is about 48 hours later (covered of course with Tegaderm for healing). Mostly seeing a small amount of weeping, but no pools or anything, Cecil has one of the lightest hands I've gotten work from so I wasn't too beat up after...

post-17122-146168863185_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@cltattooing color realism has sort of overtaken tattooing in the sense that it seems like unless it's realism, people don't think other styles are great tattoos.... Kind of annoying.

But.... Nobody on planet earth uses color the way Cecil does, his tattoos are hyper real but when you spend time looking at them you realize he uses about 70 different colors in his pieces... Just look at this fucking Dice Clay he just did, savage, unmatched color palette as far as realism artists, he really takes it to the limit with color

post-17122-146168863596_thumb.jpg