Newb to the site, hi from Portland OR

Bigboy67

What's up everybody. Heavily tattooed, but just now finally starting to become more of a "collector" instead of someone with tattoos.

Decided to save the remainder of my body for top tier artists to do their thing, getting tattooed by Cecil Porter in February, hopefully James Kern as well early 2014

Next on the wish list..... Carl grace out in Las Vegas.

Interested in becoming really informed and educated on tattooing, styles, techniques, artists , etc. and I think this place will help a lot!

Joe

What's up Joe, I'm right there with ya. It seems daughnting trying to learn all the different styles, history, techniques, and everything else that goes into it. This site has been a well of information and I've barely scratched the surface!

Do you have a plan for the rest of the 'collection'? I'm always amazed how multiple artist can blend different works together.

What's up Joe, I'm right there with ya. It seems daughnting trying to learn all the different styles, history, techniques, and everything else that goes into it. This site has been a well of information and I've barely scratched the surface!

Do you have a plan for the rest of the 'collection'? I'm always amazed how multiple artist can blend different works together.

Well, I've got two 3/4 arm sleeves (accountant so I stayed away from full sleeves), rib panel, both lower legs partially done

I'm thinking of doing a leg sleeve of villains, I want a zombie landscape somewhere, besides that not sure. Trying to get all my source materials together for a February appointment I have with Cecil Porter http://www.cecilportertattoos.com

In the meantime I'm just gonna keep learning.

ah sounds killer. I assume by villains you mean movie villains? Dang Mr. Porter's portrait work is killer!

I'm looking at a half sleeve next, i have my source material all mapped out but I'm not sure on how to work out the background yet. So it's back to scouring photos to see whats what.

Keep at it man.

Peace,

Ken

Snapped some shitty cell phone pics of my current work. 3/4 arm sleeves are done, though I wish I didn't have such a square job, or the balls to get full sleeves... The Fudō Myō-ō on my shin in complete, other leg tattoos are a family piece that is in progress and will be for a while. Rib panel war scene also completed.

All of my work outside of the family leg pieces were done by Joey formerly of Anubus Warpus in San Francisco.

Trying to figure out how to close out my back. I want to cover up the garbage tribal I got when I was 15. Maybe a raven? Not sure..

(Sorry for the shitty pics guys)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/58jf7k38889uz1x/7js2OzmJuQ

Typed out a long post them it disappeared, argh. Anyways, here's some really bad angled cell phone pics of my current work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/58jf7k38889uz1x/7js2OzmJuQ

I'm almost a little gun shy to get more portraits just because I have four already... Maybe I need to rethink my drink on the villains sleeve and do something else instead

I'm thinking of doing a leg sleeve of villains, I want a zombie landscape somewhere, besides that not sure. Trying to get all my source materials together for a February appointment I have with Cecil Porter Cecil Porter Tattoos :

In the meantime I'm just gonna keep learning.

How's it going Joe!!

I myself am new to this site although have a few large tattoos. I actually just got a zombie lansdscape (90% done) this past Friday. The reason i joined here though is because it's not healing very well and i am very concerned and wanted some advice from others who might have experienced the same trouble. When i am able to start a new thread come check it out. There will be a picture.

Talk yo you soon Joe!!

Mike

I'll check it out for sure. I've had a few tattoos that healed awfully, but usually it has a lot to do with my lifestyle at that time, not getting enough sleep, staying out late drinking , eating crappy food, etc.

Now, I sort of go into training before a large tattoo session, haha. Sleeping 8+ a night, paleo diet, cross training, gallon of water a day, that sort of thing. At least it eliminates me being the problem

Bigdrummerboy, wasn't saying it was your fault regarding your tattoo, hope it didn't seem that way. Just was saying what I do, not that you did something wrong.

Post your pics up in your intro thread here so we can see how it healed.

Of course not, i know what you're saying lol. But yea i'm pretty sure my problem is that since there was so much black and solid color it was worked pretty hard causing a lot of trauma on the skin which caused a bunch of oozing the next 24 hrs. My problem is i just let the ooze dry up around the 6th time washing it i just said fuck it and let the ooze just harden. I was sick of cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. It would just ooze minutes after. This never happened to me before. I'm going to post a picture now.

Ya, I've had a few guys spend a bit too much Time drilling in spots, and those have historically been the times I've had issues with healing.

Once that healing scab gets chunky, it's a wrap. Just gotta hope it doesn't heal too foggy and get a touch up once it's good and healed.

Your lucky.... Too many folks shift into high gear early...get coverage for whatever reason..and screw themselves outta the chance to get extra good stuff now that they are "in the know" of where to get the goods...

Now you can go hard man.... Good luck with it....

Your lucky.... Too many folks shift into high gear early...get coverage for whatever reason..and screw themselves outta the chance to get extra good stuff now that they are "in the know" of where to get the goods...

Now you can go hard man.... Good luck with it....

Thanks Bruce. I got lucky that I've been great friends with a shop owner basically my whole life, so I've seen a lot of great work over the years. Now I just need to collect more of it, haha

Damn, looks like I just booked an appointment with Tim Kern in February as well. Yes! Now I'll be getting work from him and Cecil porter in ye same month. So stoked. I really gotta get my shit together and tighten up all my ideas and source material ASAP, February is right around the corner

Damn, looks like I just booked an appointment with Tim Kern in February as well. Yes! Now I'll be getting work from him and Cecil porter in ye same month. So stoked. I really gotta get my shit together and tighten up all my ideas and source material ASAP, February is right around the corner

Holy shit i just looked at that guys work and HOLY CRAP!! Where is he located and how much per hour?

Cecil is moving to Portland end of this year, so he'll actually be local to me, which is bad news for my wallet, lol.

Tim kern is out of NYC. I've actually got a piece from his partner Dan Marshall which is sick

I'll leave the money part out of the convo since it's a touchy issue for some people talking about money on here... But it ain't cheap, I can say that!

Found the portrait I am going to have Cecil Porter tattoo on my thigh... I am done with portraits after this piece. gonna focus on coverup and filling out my back and also need to figure out how i am gonna go full on my current 3/4 sleeves wihtout it looking shitty...

the_big_lebowski_47.png