New to this...Old to everything else

MrBruce

I'm not sure why I've lurked this site for so long and not joined....

It's possible that I didn't feel the need.....

It's possible I just got plenty from just lurking...

Either way, this is one of very few good website resources for tattooers.... hopefully I can contribute something.

The spec sheet...of sorts....

Mr. Bruce ......currently (2013) 43yrs old........that's all you need to know...I won't bore you with my last name, it's long and too often mispronounced and my grandfather wouldn't appreciate that.

Self Made tattooer...nothing made up or romantic. From hand poke in Junior high to my Spaulding Super Saver kit Senior year of high school circa 1988 ......those Pumas changed my life, tape deck rotaries lost their appeal.

Trained by the best convicts my family tree could provide. Got my first "tattoo" at age 11 , and the ONLY cover up I've ever gotten.....regret it every day since.

"Professionally" licensed since 1998 .... Unable to tattoo in my own state of MASS since it was illegal for 38yrs, once ban lifted I began work same week at a great street shop opened by a friend with more money than me .....

Greatfully tattooing in the same chair since.......... in my hometown, born and raised.....Pushing 13yrs ...... Hopefully beyond.

Travel.... Friends....acquaintances....along the way.......

I keep my head down, respect the hard working people who give up their pay to get tattooed by me....and enjoy good conversation.

I don't innovate, that's for innovators..........I just work, I'm that................ It's more than fine to me.

Hopefully I can participate here...avoid the negativity...and meet like minded folks.

I sit in an unassuming street shop ....... My home town of Fall River, Massachusetts .... Not exactly Beverly Hills.... The shop is called Up In Flames Tattoo. We are a small group of friends, all from the area..... Nobody specializes, but we all enjoy both Traditional & Asian styles..... Like Good Time Charlie said "give em the haircut they want" ....

I'll do classic Bowery designs or baby momma names......... Eagles to infinity loops....

We take the street shop attitude pretty seriously......

I haven't got an online album of sorts with my work ......but please feel free to check my INSTAGRAM out....I keep it current...and entertaining..... @followmrbruce

I don't think you'll be overwhelmed, but I try and do good stuff.....

Thanks for looking .....