watched my first episode.....

so I have never seen any of these shows on tv and decide a google search... my god this one I found has it all... drama, super meaningful tattoos and even a bloke who wants backwards writing so when he looks in the mirror.... Fuck me dead.....

- - - Updated - - -

sorry- there was a link but it failed... I will try again

Edited by InkedMumma
link failed so i removed it

Which show? I like to "hate watch" LA Ink, which is just about the lowest of the low in terms of tattoo shows (the only saving graces were Corey Miller and Dan Smith making appearances). I just watched the episode where Kat rips out all of the seating for clients to build a giant skate ramp that goes right in front of the door, and she was so excited about it because no other shop in the world would have it. There's probably a reason for that. Sigh.

Haha! I think it was La ink? Bald bloke was the main man .... I ended up watching some of that Kat Sheila .... What's with her hat fetish? I also watched an episode of what ever it was called.... Has Carey hart in it. That wa pretty bad too..... Like you said - it was loving to hate it :) I don't have pay tv at home so had never watched any of these shows. Can't say I feel like I'm missing out !

Haha! I think it was La ink? Bald bloke was the main man .... I ended up watching some of that Kat Sheila .... What's with her hat fetish? I also watched an episode of what ever it was called.... Has Carey hart in it. That wa pretty bad too..... Like you said - it was loving to hate it :) I don't have pay tv at home so had never watched any of these shows. Can't say I feel like I'm missing out !

Look up the Gypsy Gentleman and watch all of those, well worth it

Also check out the interviews on here Scott Sylvia's interview is great if you have plenty of time to watch it.

Bald guy...sounds like Ami James, he was on Miami Ink and NY Ink. I have fond memories of Miami Ink because I watched it a lot when I was younger and more impressionable, I caught an episode recently and was like "Shit, I thought these were good?" Chris Garver usually did good stuff on Miami Ink though, and I think Tim Hendricks made appearances on both shows, that was cool. And the other one you're talking about is Inked, or something like that. I hated that one too. I don't really remember much about it, other than this one guy had bird tattoos all over him, and the tattooer made a comment to him about getting some hunters shooting at the birds and the guy was really offended because he liked to bird watch. Tons of examples of bad customer service on that show...

I like to "hate watch" LA Ink, which is just about the lowest of the low in terms of tattoo shows

Hahaha, same here. About being the worst I don't know though, the one with Hart in it is pretty challenging/challenged as well. You have to look really hard to see an actual tattoo in that show.

Look up the Gypsy Gentleman and watch all of those, well worth it

Also check out the interviews on here Scott Sylvia's interview is great if you have plenty of time to watch it.

thanks I will do that!

- - - Updated - - -

also if you can find old episodes of tattoo wars, by far the best tattoo show on tv. but of course they cancelled it because there wasnt any drama, just great tattoos. and also tattoo age on vice is highly recommended.

sounds good! I will look it up- yes can imagine good tattoos getting in the way of "good" tv....

- - - Updated - - -

Bald guy...sounds like Ami James, he was on Miami Ink and NY Ink. I have fond memories of Miami Ink because I watched it a lot when I was younger and more impressionable, I caught an episode recently and was like "Shit, I thought these were good?" Chris Garver usually did good stuff on Miami Ink though, and I think Tim Hendricks made appearances on both shows, that was cool. And the other one you're talking about is Inked, or something like that. I hated that one too. I don't really remember much about it, other than this one guy had bird tattoos all over him, and the tattooer made a comment to him about getting some hunters shooting at the birds and the guy was really offended because he liked to bird watch. Tons of examples of bad customer service on that show...

yeah that's him! Ami.

the carey hart show- yeah inked I think you're right, and my god yes- talk about bad customer service... unless of course the customer is a dancer.... one snip I saw yesterday was about a lady wanting her leg painted. it was an artificial leg and he said he would have it 2 days tops- did nothing until the last minute which was months later and had this whole attitude about having to do it and her wanting her leg back. tosser.

Which show? I like to "hate watch" LA Ink, which is just about the lowest of the low in terms of tattoo shows (the only saving graces were Corey Miller and Dan Smith making appearances). I just watched the episode where Kat rips out all of the seating for clients to build a giant skate ramp that goes right in front of the door, and she was so excited about it because no other shop in the world would have it. There's probably a reason for that. Sigh.

There were a couple other saving graces: Kim Saigh and Hannah Aitchison, but they were only in the first couple seasons... I go to Kim now but I will say for the record, I did not discover her because of that show. We have a mutual friend who recommended her to me then told me she was on that show. So then I looked up the old episodes she was on and watched a couple before getting tattooed by her. Anyway, cheesy show or not, there were some talented artists on it. She is not only a good tattooer, but a very cool person.

I can't believe that no-one has mentioned true love yet, a great tattoo show from Italy. Great tattoos, no drama, and a good host that is getting tattoos as the show goes on. It's too bad that was short lived.

Hell yes! I highly recommend that those who haven't seen them get on Youtube right now and fix that. It's a great, great series that I wish there were more of.

Ok, I DARE ANYBODY to find a worse show about tattooing than this

Oh god, I forgot about that. It's scary that these people really thought they were good to go after just a couple weeks.

About Hannah and Kim on LA Ink, I know they're good tattoo artists, but I don't think they were ever really at their best during this show. Probably the types of clients they got in and the prioritizing of good stories over good art.

And I might have found a worse show than LA Ink (I don't remember much from Inked, it could have possibly been worse). Black Ink Crew on VH1. Not only are the tattoos literally the worst ones I've ever seen on TV (very poorly done, ghetto-ish work) but it's probably about 90% drama. I've seen 2 episodes and in that time, I saw maybe 3 tattoos done. The rest of it is about who's dating who, who's opening a shop, and thug attitudes. It's absolutely about tattooing as a business and status symbol, and art isn't a priority at all. Some of their work: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68116_439366719464671_1315922978_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

I started watching Miami Ink on Netflix to see the Tim Hendricks stuff not realizing that he wasn't really on there until season 5. I didn't think the begging of the show was so bad but it became pretty annoying pretty quickly. I did work my way all the way through to the TH season but it takes me all of about 15 - 20 min to watch a show. I check out the Tim tattoo and the Chris Garver one and that about does it.