Hello all!! newbie to this site but not to tattoos lol

bigdrummerboy

Hello everybody,

I'm glad to be a part of what seems like a very well informed and knowledgeable tattoo community/site. However i was hoping i would never have to post here because usually it means something might not be going as expected....or you want to show off a sick piece. Unfortunately for me it's not the latter of the two, although it is a sick piece lol. I guess i will do more searching to find if anybody has what i am experiencing and will be posting on other threads as well that way i can show you guys what is going on. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Anyways, thank you for this awesome community and you should be hearing from me soon!!

Mike

In my experience, once a tattoo healing goes south, best you can do is let it get through the healing process and get a touch up. Once a fat scan develops on a tattoo, that's a wrap, I've never been able to get that portion to heal right

It's not a huge deal, sometimes they heal perfect and other times you gotta go to touch up town, haha

These aren't the best pics...but this looks like it was severely overworked ....

I don't know the experience level your artist has, and I won't comment therefore....but, this looks poorly executed.

Let it heal..... COMPLETELY .... And get a second opinion from another shop. Seek out an experience Tattooer, and don't go in trashing on your man...but ask them what can be done......

There's always a chance the client mishandled the after care...but the application, tools and execution can make a mess out of anything if not handled with care.

Good luck with it...I'm sure you'll be alright....

These aren't the best pics...but this looks like it was severely overworked ....

I don't know the experience level your artist has, and I won't comment therefore....but, this looks poorly executed.

Let it heal..... COMPLETELY .... And get a second opinion from another shop. Seek out an experience Tattooer, and don't go in trashing on your man...but ask them what can be done......

There's always a chance the client mishandled the after care...but the application, tools and execution can make a mess out of anything if not handled with care.

Good luck with it...I'm sure you'll be alright....

This guy has been tattooing for about 35 years and is the owner of two reputable tattoo parlors in New York. He has even won multiple awards. He did 2 of my other tattoos that healed beautifully but they are black and grey (mostly shading). This is my first color tattoo, maybe my skin just isnt reacting nicely to the color ink. I highly doubt it was my artists fault but i can say he overworked some spots pretty hard because that shot hurt like a mother fucker after the first 3 hrs. I just hope it comes out fine. Right now i'm washing it 3 times per day with antibacterial dial soap, pat drying it, then air drying it then putting light coat of aquaphor on it after each wash (3 times). I hope that will do the trick. I don't want to let it completely dry heal because the scabs will crack and bleed.

I understand your frustration.....I'm not trying to insult your artist, but those credentials do not reflect in THAT tattoo.

Seeking out advice once it's healed as to what to do next is still a good choice.....

No disrespect intended man.....and again, good luck with it.